Windows 10 problem with two touchscreens

Are you building a cockpit, planning to build one or just dreaming, this is your cockpit builder meeting point

Moderators: russ, Ralph

Detlef

Windows 10 problem with two touchscreens

#1 Post by Detlef »

Hello to you here,

this is my first post on a Sim Innovations forum. My question starts after QUESTION: The top lines are just to introduce myself :)

I have purchased Knobster and Air Manager for Desktop recently and have started to build a new cockpit. I had one before with self made hardware, mainly buttons, LEDs and analog instruments for engines. I flew with that in FSX for 10 years and more. I modified it last year for P3D, using LUA Scripts and FSUIPC. It did work but not very well (with a BASIC stamp being the bottle neck in my hardware, some older fellows may remember that controller).

Now, I start over and want to rebuild everything. Everything seems to be a lot easier than it used to be. With Arduino, Airmanager and Knobster and additional electronics being available.

I have a new PC, a 49 inch widescreen display for the outside view and two touchscreens monitors below it that I want to show the flight instruments. On top is a 1.2 m wide empty box, where I want to add hardware with buttons and displays, Arduino controlled. I plan to switch to FS2020 in a year or so, right now staying with P3D.

I have played arround with AM for some time to understand how everything works. Generelly I like the concept a lot. I have in mind to fly Airbus A320 or other big jets and I am (just a little) disappointed that many instruments available are not programmed for P3D but XPlane. On the other hand, it seems not so difficult to modify the LUA code to work for P3D or other airplanes. Actually I like programming in LUA so I will give it a try. Now my

------------

QUESTION:
I have one PC only, running both P3D and AirManager. Connected are three monitors with two of them being touchscreens where I want to show flight instruments. Touch and Knobster do work fine but only on the main Windows 10 monitor. If I touch the other touchscreen (extended desktop), all windows applicactions - not just AirManager - show my touch on the main Windows screen only. E.g. I can change the altimeter instrument setting by touching my rightside monitor, even so the altimeter is on the left side monitor. I filled out an error report to Microsoft but do not really expect anything from that.

Any ideas are appreciated.

Thank you
Detlef

Ralph

Re: Windows 10 problem with two touchscreens

#2 Post by Ralph »

Welcome to the forums!
I think this might be what you're looking for: http://siminnovations.com/wiki/index.ph ... in_Windows

Detlef

#3 Post by Detlef »

Ralph,

thank you for your fast reply. You probably mean these steps:
1. Go to Search / Cortana
2. Search for "Tablet PC Settings"
3. Click "Setup..."
4. Choose "Touch Input..."
5. Hit the "Enter" key until you see the instructions appear on your touch monitor. Touch this screen and it will say something like "Hit enter to move to the next step".

Unfortunately that does not help. I saw those suggestions before and have tried them. I can find the Tablet PC Settings menu but there is no "Setup..." or in German "Einstellungen" option, at least in my German version of Windows 10.

Also tablet mode is grayed out if the desktop is configured for more than one screen. I must configure the desktop to only one screen in order to have the option to activate Tablet mode. If I do that, I can use the tablet mode (which I don't want to) but still I cannot find a "Setup..." button in the Tablet PC Settings.

I have seached the web and could not find a solution. It is a bit disappointing to have two touch screens where only one can be used for touch input. Again, I think that is not a specific AirManager problem. Maybe I contact HANNspree, the monitor manufacturer.

Are you aware of users who successfully use Airmanager on two touchscreens with one PC?

Thank you
Detlef

Keith Baxter

#4 Post by Keith Baxter »

Hi and welcome Detlef

Did you come across and read this thread. It might help.

viewtopic.php?p=29313#p29313

Read this and watch the video. I have not got touch screen connected ATM so the video does not show the option as per below link.
https://www.windowscentral.com/how-cali ... ows-10?amp

Keith
AMD RYZEN 9 5950X CPU, Corsair H80I cooler, ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS AMD Ryzen Mother Board,  32Gb ram Corsair Vengeance 3000Mh, MSI GTX960 4G graphics card 

Detlef

#5 Post by Detlef »

Hello Keith and everybody helping me,

it works now, Vielen Dank! Thank you.

I am glad I asked that question here on the forum. I might have just lived with it otherwise, happy or not.
Yes I have seen those other messages about calibrating touchpads before. But I began to think the setup options for the touchscreens are missing in my German Windows version. The problem was partly because I manually had to enter "Systemsteuerung" in the Windows search input box. But as in many cases the problem was between my ears :)

I put in now: Systemsteuerung and then under Hardware and Sound - Tablet PC-Einstellung I finally found the relevant setup options for calibrating touchscreens.

Thank you again.
Detlef

Keith Baxter

#6 Post by Keith Baxter »

Awesome Detlef,

Glad you got it sorted.

Keith
AMD RYZEN 9 5950X CPU, Corsair H80I cooler, ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS AMD Ryzen Mother Board,  32Gb ram Corsair Vengeance 3000Mh, MSI GTX960 4G graphics card 

jplewis02

#7 Post by jplewis02 »

Problem Solved: I have read through the info and could not find a way to drive two separate Touchscreens on one PC.

The settings for this are in the Windows Control Panel in Tablet PC Settings (not in the newer windows settings - the gear icon off the start menu} On the Display tab in the Configure Section is the necessary setup button. Click that and follow the instructions