Dual touchscreen cockpit

Are you building a cockpit, planning to build one or just dreaming, this is your cockpit builder meeting point

Moderators: russ, Ralph

650Pilot

Dual touchscreen cockpit

#1 Post by 650Pilot »

I've been trying to find a combination that suits my needs for over a year now. I think I finally may be on to something. As a pilot for a living I don't really want to fly big iron in my home simulator. I would rather have a plane that is fast to get into the air. I've been using p3d as of late because multiple visuals are easier to set up and I like that I can undock Windows and move things around with ease. Another bonus is the GTN750 that will run on a separate computer with air manager. It is a really cool combination that allows me to practice approaches, enter sids & stars, and com/nav frequencies quickly with the touch screens. I'm using it with the real air turbine duke and I was able to piece together my cockpit from some really nice gauges available on Air Manager.
Attachments
IMG_3230.JPG

docjl

Re: Dual touchscreen cockpit

#2 Post by docjl »

Hello 650Pilot, where did you find a GTN750 in AM ??
Jean-Luc

Ralph

#3 Post by Ralph »

It's probably the GTN750 from Flight1 or Reality XP. Since this looks like FSX or Prepar3D, it's most likely Flight1.

650Pilot

#4 Post by 650Pilot »

The GTN750 is from flight1tech and is for FSX/Prepar3d. It works very well along side Air Manager. I have not found an affordable solution for X-Plane.

Ralph

#5 Post by Ralph »

There's Reality-XP for X-Plane, but I'm not sure if they've released their GTN750 already.

650Pilot

#6 Post by 650Pilot »

Can reality's products run networked on a separate computer like Air Manager? If so it would be a good value. I could not find anything in their information that said it would. That's why I went with Flight1tech. It runs networked on my Air Manager computer. The drawback is its FSX/P3D only at this time. It would be nice to have a X-Plane option as well.

Ralph

#7 Post by Ralph »

I don't know either, the information on their website is very vague.

baumeisterinn

#8 Post by baumeisterinn »

Maybe XP-11 can adress this issue in a way. Undocking of gps panels and multiple windows should be supported.
Some info here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FlhKrfoEHDs

Ralph

#9 Post by Ralph »

But not networked. Unless you run another copy of X-plane.

ISFN

#10 Post by ISFN »

What make and model are the touchscreens? Do you like them?