Mooney Cockpit

Are you building a cockpit, planning to build one or just dreaming, this is your cockpit builder meeting point

Moderators: russ, Ralph

Stubenflieger

Mooney Cockpit

#1 Post by Stubenflieger »

Hello,

I have built my M20R based cockpit. it is now at a stage where I can show it and where I can use it.

Curently I am testing the new G5 (in the video below you see it, always as PFD configurated...).
I use 3 Raspberry Pi model 3B for the instruments. one is for the main instruments, connected to an old Laptop Monitor where the face can be changed so I can have steam gauges, mixed or complete digital instrumentaion, the others are connected to 2 touchscreen monitors (which I unfortunately cannot use, because there are only drivers for other linux distributions...).

Here ist the Video, I would apreciate followers, I have planned some flights here in Austria and Europe for the next weeks..

BR Markus (Stubenflieger)
Image check my videos on youtube!

AnthonySullivan

Re: Mooney Cockpit

#2 Post by AnthonySullivan »

Hello Markus,
Just watched your video and your home built cockpit is very impressive.
I just wondered if you know of a Mooney M20 cockpit on Air Manager for a touch screen monitor? I am just getting going with Air Manager and there is not a ready made cockpit that I can find. There are two instruments on Air Manager so I have started trying to make my own cockpit for a touch screen monitor.

Stubenflieger

#3 Post by Stubenflieger »

Hello,

well there is no dedicated mooney cockpit in air manager, so I use other instruments.
airspeed: you can use the B58 or the PA34 one
altimeter: You can use the B58 one
vertical speed indicator: also the B58 or the generic
Turn coordinator: as you like
Attitude indicator (if you need one): PA34
HSI: B58
I use the G5 (payware from sim innovations) for PD and ND instead of HSI and Attitude indicator (https://www.siminnovations.com/instrume ... -garmin-g5)

engines is a little bit dfferent, because the typical mooney cluster is not available, so I use the EDM JPI 900 which is a fully integrated Engine monitoring often used in mooneys.

Additionally I have an RMI for NAV1: this ist the generic RMI DME

if you are focusing on touchscreen there ist the Garmin Overlay incl. autopilot and audiopanel. You can put this together. Best would be to use the G1000 and the overlay but then air manager needs to run on the main flughtsim PC and some of the panels are X-Plane only.

Hope this hels you!

Markus

Sling

#4 Post by Sling »

Guys,

It is possible to create the instruments you need so they are accurate representations rather than using generic. It just takes a bit of time to create them but nothing compared to building a whole sim. It seems a shame to not use the instruments to represent a correct cockpit especially if you go to the trouble of building a hardware sim. The more people that create instruments the more aircraft will be supported.

JackZ

#5 Post by JackZ »

For basic six pack instruments, it is often worth it to search and look for « Generic » instruments. « Generic » often means that they can be used for whatever airplane, provided the addon uses standard XPlane Datarefs or FSX/P3D variables.

For example my « Generic » Bendix King KI525A HSI works with any airplane on XPlane or FSX/P3D and is (IMHO) better graphically and has more functions than the « stock » B58 one.
24282BCA-DCFB-4821-B75B-238404494C78.jpeg
Of the six instrument, 5 can definitely be generic ones, the only one that is specific is the Airspeed indicator, since all the markings and colored arcs are related to the actual Vspeeds of a particular airplane, so it’s definitely the time to search and go with the Adjustable airspeed indicator made by Russ, also available in the Store.

Jacques
My YouTube Chanel on the A320 (Real SOPs by an Airline Pilot IRL):
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... 0Q6SBASRqJ

Stubenflieger

#6 Post by Stubenflieger »

Because some asked, how I did that Air Manager setup, here is a short video about it.

Happy landings!

Markus

Stubenflieger

#7 Post by Stubenflieger »

Hello,

have just uploaded a new video. This time it is a round trip in my homecockpit around Carinthia's lakes in south of Austria.

Scenery is free- and payware. 

Hope you like it and share it!

Happy landings!

Markus

Ralph

#8 Post by Ralph »

Nice video editing! :)

Stubenflieger

#9 Post by Stubenflieger »

Thank You!!

Stubenflieger

#10 Post by Stubenflieger »

Hello,

a new video! I am flying the circling approach to Innsbruck LOWI in the Mooney. Fantastic scenic landscape and shots from my homecockpit.

Happy landings!

Markus