Mooney Cockpit

Are you building a cockpit, planning to build one or just dreaming, this is your cockpit builder meeting point

Moderators: russ, Ralph

Stubenflieger

Re: Mooney Cockpit

#11 Post by Stubenflieger »

Hello, 

a new video is online. It is a roundtrip in my homecockpit around the Salzkammergut in the northern alps of Austria.

I hope you like the beautiful landscape and the plane!!

Happy landings!

Markus
Image check my videos on youtube!

Stubenflieger

#12 Post by Stubenflieger »

Hello,

made a new video in which I show how I start the Mooney from cold & dark.

SimPassion

#13 Post by SimPassion »

Hi Markus, very great and impressive work and tutorial, this sharing makes you want to build a similar project, Congrats !!! Full of enjoyment !

just a very small advice if it could help and if you allow me, on the video capture side, the continuous moving cap's camera don't help as much as the other still ones, as less readability
apart having very high definition camera and using strong steadying optical hardware or additional software processes, we will never reach the level of readability the TV's pro are bringing on stream. On capturing, I'm using only still fixed views with about 6-7 seconds (min and max duration) clips each, otherwise still another method with continuous filming : only main video with other PIP cut-in

further, when it comes to tutos, the best ever filming are made using chained motionless fixed views clips : not shorter than 3-4 seconds in any way

Enjoy flying the Mooney !! :-)

Gilles

Stubenflieger

#14 Post by Stubenflieger »

Thank you for the feedback.
It was a try with the head cam and to be honest I would also not use if anymore.

For the second part I will only use the normal cameras. Unfortunately dur to the fact that the cockpit is quite small it is almost impossible to have a leading cam with the whole cockpit so I fear I need to have smaller field of views.

It would be easier to overlay the checklist so it is readable. I will think about this in the second part.

But due to my time it will take some time for it the next video will be a air Manager and arduino tutorial...

Happy landings

Markus

SimPassion

#15 Post by SimPassion »

This one from your owns, with being zoomed a bit more on the whole cockpit panel only, would be ideal for tutos
https://youtu.be/d7B9QCpCbmU?t=61

and indeed, as you stated, with adding some few smaller field of views as and when required

You've already done a really nice work on video mastering and your overall video time length is appropriate, as the experience has proven youtubers don't concentrate more than this! Will check what's coming forward, always amazing to see Hardware Cockpits and Air Manager working together, also from those simmers having added personal time on instruments coding

Gilles

Stubenflieger

#16 Post by Stubenflieger »

Thank you. To be honest. The head cam in that video is a cam with 170 degree fov mounted on my head. That looks very stupid if you want to film yourself. So maybe I will not use the angles that film on me...

Happy landings

Markus