RMU style radio for FSX?

Are you building a cockpit, planning to build one or just dreaming, this is your cockpit builder meeting point

Moderators: russ, Ralph

Shawn

RMU style radio for FSX?

#1 Post by Shawn »

I was wondering if anyone might be interested in a joint hardware/software project for FSX? I was thinking that a small generic radio panel (similar to the RMU seen in Lear Jets) would be a useful cockpit addition. I have started building a normal RMU in CAD and was going to just make that work and then it occured to me that with the right gauge it could be way more useful, especially for generic pit builders. I would be happy to do the CAD design and print the parts if someone was willing to design the gauge? I'd be more than willing to help with the gauges as well but I'm pretty limited in my knowledge. I would be happy to ship the printed parts to anywhere in the world so whomever designed the gauge could build the hardware unit themselves. Another option would be for me to build the panel and ship it complete minus the I/O device.

It might be a good way to get more Air Manager users as well if they had access to a free STL file that utilized an Air Manager radio panel.

Cheers
Shawn

Shawn

Re: RMU style radio for FSX?

#2 Post by Shawn »

I have never printed a panel before and I'm surprised at how accurate it is turning out. Hopefully this ends up just being a test for getting the button holes etc sized correctly.

Shawn

Re: RMU style radio for FSX?

#3 Post by Shawn »

Get rid of the lower button to make room for a dual rotary encoder and add a Com2 and Nav2 and I think you would have a nice radio panel.