Bell 206 Jetranger Project

Are you building a cockpit, planning to build one or just dreaming, this is your cockpit builder meeting point

Moderators: russ, Ralph

shadyowl2

Re: Bell 206 Jetranger Project

#31 Post by shadyowl2 »

According to the manufacturer it works on windows with a power supply or a powered usb connection. I'll Let you know when it comes in :D Thanks for the info....
OORAH!!!! Its a Marine Thing....USMC retired

Shawn

#32 Post by Shawn »

Cool, thanks for the link to the monitor you found as well. I have been ordering the same one from China and this is cheaper and with faster shipping as well. I'll post pics in a new forum topic, I finally settled on the fixed wing sim I'll be building along side the Jetranger.

Shawn

shadyowl2

#33 Post by shadyowl2 »

Shawn wrote:Cool, thanks for the link to the monitor you found as well. I have been ordering the same one from China and this is cheaper and with faster shipping as well. I'll post pics in a new forum topic, I finally settled on the fixed wing sim I'll be building along side the Jetranger.

Shawn

This screen does not come with raspberry pi I, firmware is version 2.1 and standard windows 7 drivers are used(in my case). I can confirm that the touchscreen does work after some trial and error. As long as it is made primary screen and it is connected to a powered usb hub touch function works great. Just completed my first test flight :D now to install in the glairshield :mrgreen:

russ

#34 Post by russ »

I posted a test using Air Manager on a little stick computer I got from Banggood.com ib China

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=165&p=1124&hilit=s ... uter#p1124

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=173&p=1163&hilit=s ... uter#p1163

I am thinking I should try that with the monitor you have. I will order one today and see if it performs okay...if not I am sure it will with the OpenGL version in the fall.
Russ Barlow
Air Manager Evangelist

shadyowl2

#35 Post by shadyowl2 »

russ wrote:I posted a test using Air Manager on a little stick computer I got from Banggood.com ib China

I am thinking I should try that with the monitor you have. I will order one today and see if it performs okay...if not I am sure it will with the OpenGL version in the fall.

I actually use it for the popup of the Flight 1 GTN750, it run's on it with no issues.... :D

flyatr

#36 Post by flyatr »

russ wrote:I posted a test using Air Manager on a little stick computer I got from Banggood.com ib China
Great videos Russ, it's really awesome that AM runs on lots of different hardware. This opens up so many possibilities! Can you post the model of the touch screen you used in your tests? Did you connect any other peripherals or just the screen?

russ

#37 Post by russ »

Actually that was just a standard 23" HD touch screen with capacitive touch glass screen. Mine was by Handspree but I don't think is available any longer.

The instrument was running on a test OpenGL program we use internally called AirPanel. It has no real interface and you have to configure in with command line instructions. It is the same rendering engine that is on iPad and will be in version 2.3 od Air Manager. That's why I am so excited about it.

Since I can get about 20 FPS with the Java Air Manager on the meego stick computer I hope driving the smaller Raspi screen I can get a frame rate well above 30.
Russ Barlow
Air Manager Evangelist