P-51D cockpit build

Are you building a cockpit, planning to build one or just dreaming, this is your cockpit builder meeting point

Moderators: russ, Ralph

Raceguy

Re: P-51D cockpit build

#31 Post by Raceguy »

Update

I have everything back up and running. Several things went wrong at the same time and caused information overload in my old brain. I had everything up and running and we had a power blip shutting off my PC. My first WTF was because I have all 3 of our PC's on battery backup units but mine failed so Windows did an abnormal shutdown. All UPS's have batteries that are less than 6 months old and this should not have happened. Second WTF!

When I replaced the UPS battery and restarted the PC all of the screens were f'd up! Third WTF. I immediately thought Windows would not save the screen locations and went into search mode for a solution.

Tony talked me off the ledge so I plugged in all of the screens, positioned them in Nvidia control panel and relocated the gauges. I have rebooted the PC 3 times and all screens and gauges are fine.

I need a, several, beers!

Ralph

#32 Post by Ralph »

You can make a backup of config.xml and save it somewhere. All the positions are stored in there. The file is located in the Air Manager folder in your user folder, so for example c:/your_username/Air Manager/

Raceguy

#33 Post by Raceguy »

Thanks Ralph, Tony had suggested the same thing for the gauges.

The real issue I had was the screens were out of order but that was because of the abnormal Windows shutdown. I have confirmed that they do remain in the same order with a normal Windows shutdown or restart.

Take care
Ed

shadyowl2

#34 Post by shadyowl2 »

Glad it is all working for you Ed. As always great talking to you and catching up on things....Get that thing done so you can enjoy your work LOL......
OORAH!!!! Its a Marine Thing....USMC retired

JackZ

#35 Post by JackZ »

ED your pit is so nice that it really deserves its own gauges! What an awesome work!

I'll be working on the attitude indicator for the King Crown serie soon by the end of this month

Once it's done, if you want to it will be a pleasure to do a graphic rework especially for your P51 as per the real one, shouldn't be that difficult.
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (121.34 KiB) Viewed 5606 times

Jacques
My YouTube Chanel on the A320 (Real SOPs by an Airline Pilot IRL):
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... 0Q6SBASRqJ

shadyowl2

#36 Post by shadyowl2 »

If you look close Jacques, he is using aircraft specific gauges. I know I created them LOL. :mrgreen:
The photo was V1 of the gauges and now are updated to V2 some are missing in the photo

JackZ wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:44 pm ED your pit is so nice that it really deserves its own gauges! What an awesome work!

I'll be working on the attitude indicator for the King Crown serie soon by the end of this month

Once it's done, if you want to it will be a pleasure to do a graphic rework especially for your P51 as per the real one, shouldn't be that difficult.

Capture.PNG.

Jacques
Attachments
A2A P51 Military Mustang.png
OORAH!!!! Its a Marine Thing....USMC retired

JackZ

#37 Post by JackZ »

All is well now, I had seen the blue sky in the Attitude indicator in the pics.

Thanks for telling me.

Jacques
My YouTube Chanel on the A320 (Real SOPs by an Airline Pilot IRL):
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... 0Q6SBASRqJ

Raceguy

#38 Post by Raceguy »

Thanks for the offer Jacques but I am very happy with the gauges Tony made for my pit.

I'm glad Tony let everyone know he made my gauges. I did not claim to have made them myself but did not want to list him as the creator in case he would get requests that he did not want to fill.

Take care
Ed

Raceguy

#39 Post by Raceguy »

Hello everyone

A LOT has changed since my last post. The cockpit is finished, except those little things you keep finding to tweak.

To maximize performance I purchased a new PC from Jetline Systems here in Florida and it arrived 2 weeks ago. It will handle most of the programs but it will network with my old W7 i7 4770K for Air Manager and a few others. It has the following components:
Case: Cooler Master Storm Scout II
Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus Z270x Gaming 5, LGA 1151
Processor:Intel 7th Gen Core i7 7700K (4.8GHz Overclock) Quad Core
CPU Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H60 Liquid Cooling
System Memory: 16GB Kingston DDR4 SDRAM 2400MHz
Graphics Processor: 8GB Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070 SC
System Power: 750 Watt Corsair RM Series
Primary SSD: 500GB Samsung EVO 850 (SSD)
Secondary Hard Drive: 1TB WD Black 7200 RPM

Take care
Ed