727-200 cpckpit

Are you building a cockpit, planning to build one or just dreaming, this is your cockpit builder meeting point

Moderators: russ, Ralph

AVIATor-Olav

727-200 cpckpit

#1 Post by AVIATor-Olav »

Hi all.

Here's my 727 cockpit. I'm in the process of converting it from fs9 to X-plane. Luckily I came across Air Manager for the gauges. I've designed quite a few gauges so far, most of which are available in the store now, and I've used some gauges that were allready available before. It still needs a lot of work , but it is coming together nicely!

I'll update the thread as I get further along.

Cheers
Tor

Ralph

Re: 727-200 cpckpit

#2 Post by Ralph »

Shaping up pretty good! I still have to look at that running text... Will do so this week, if I don't forget.
A free advice for the running text :) If you place a transparent image which gradually goes to black on the top and the bottom, it looks like the numbers really rotate.

Shawn

#3 Post by Shawn »

That looks amazing Tor, I love the steam gauges. I've said it before but the 727 is by far my favorite tubeliner aircraft and I have given some thought to building one more than once. Your work with the gauges is top notch.

Thanks
Shawn

AVIATor-Olav

#4 Post by AVIATor-Olav »

Thanks guys! The 727 sure is a sleek machine! They don't build'em like that anymore! It will be awesome to get that running text in place! Gonna need it for the Airspeed indicator as well.
I'm going to replace the minitor for the engine gauges. It's an old cheap 19" monitor with pretty low resolution. I'll try to find a better quality one like the Capt and FO panels. The contrast and black levels are far better as one can see in the pictures.
Cheers!
Tor

russ

#5 Post by russ »

Beautiful work. I don't know if it will help but there is an example of another way to handle rotating cylinders as you need for airspeed and altimeters. I have used the "standard" way but find the math difficult to understand. Take a look at the Cessna 172 - Tachometer RPM in the store by Jason. That method may not be quite as efficient (or it may be?) but I find it is easier to follow and it works.

In a previous post I included an example instrument with running text for thr altimeter and the kollsman(baro) windows. It is at

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=39&p=402&hilit=drum+altimeter#p402
Russ Barlow
Air Manager Evangelist

AVIATor-Olav

#6 Post by AVIATor-Olav »

Hi Russ.

I haven't looked at the other method yet. Ralph has been very kind to help me code the running text on the HSI. I've added tekst to the DME 2 indicator, airspeed gauge (both kts and mach windows) and the EPR gauges. Still a few quirks to work out. The math truly is hard. Ralphs code is for hundreds ie. 123. The mach no is .123 and the EPR is 1.23
Not straight forward this stuff!

Best regards
Tor

Sean

#7 Post by Sean »

Looks great! I want to build one myself someday...it's sad to see the old ladies disappear from the skies, but they are old noisy gas guzzlers. I flew on them for many years in the night cargo role in Canada.

Fara

#8 Post by Fara »

Hello to all cockpitbuilders
This is my first posting in this forum.
So I introduce myself like this:
—————————————————————————————————————————————————————————
Hardware: Saitek and Goflight Modules, 3 pcs , 4 Monitors ( 1 Touchscreen for Air Manager) 3 Projectors.

Software: Win 10/64 , X-Plane 10 and 11, X-HSI with FMC, EFASS NG and XUIPC

Project: Boeing 737-300/400

Online Flights: VATSIM
VA- Company: Leipzigair, call sign LHA458

Spoken Languages: German, Italian, French, English and Dutch

—————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

Questions:

How far are you with your Airline Projects?

What about Overhead Panels made with Air Manager for Airlines?

Best regards
Pasquale Faraco, CH- 3672 Oberdiessbach
Switzerland

Fara

#9 Post by Fara »

Hello Tor

New pictures from your improvements/ actual state of the project?

Best regards Pasquale

AVIATor-Olav

#10 Post by AVIATor-Olav »

Hi. I’ve had a kong break from my sim due to other commitments. Slowly getting back into IT. I’ll post an update soon. Thanks for your interest!