727-200 cpckpit

Are you building a cockpit, planning to build one or just dreaming, this is your cockpit builder meeting point

Moderators: russ, Ralph

AVIATor-Olav

Re: 727-200 cpckpit

#11 Post by AVIATor-Olav »

A small update at last. The FE panel and AUX-panel including APU is now interfaced and working with X-plane. I've also done some work on gauges and annunciators in Air manager.

Here's a photo from my first start up from cold and dark using hard ware only! :)

A video of the APU start up sequence from a few weeks ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69c6_AC5n_c&t=18s

I'll upload a video of the entire start up sequence in a little while..

Cheers!
Attachments
727 sim.jpg

Ralph

#12 Post by Ralph »

I watched some of the YouTube videos, that sim is huge! And hugely awesome :D Are you using AM for the Arduino's as well?

AVIATor-Olav

#13 Post by AVIATor-Olav »

No. I just use Air Manager for the gauges. The arduinos are infact Teensys that communicate directly with XP through it's own plugin. It's an immensely versatile utility. The old INS CDU is interfaced via airinc and a teensy micro controller and it communicates directly with the CIVA INS plugin.

AVIATor-Olav

#14 Post by AVIATor-Olav »

Sean

#15 Post by Sean »

This is awesome to see; I'm an airline pilot, spent 13.5 years as flight crew on 727 freighters and pax aircraft. Started as an S/O(FE) and finished as Capt., keep up the awesome work!

Sean

#16 Post by Sean »

Any more progress updates to share?

erwan

#17 Post by erwan »

Hello, thanks a lot for your work, it is perfect for my 7237-200 classic style ;) did you share all the gauges ? i didn't found the fuel level gauges and all the gauges for the 2nd motor.
See you soon.
Erwan

AVIATor-Olav

#18 Post by AVIATor-Olav »

Hi all. It’s been an eternity since I posted here, but i’m still skive and the 727 is more complete than ever.

Here’s two recent videos. The first one shows start up from cold & dark. The second one is my first attempt at editing multicam footsge. If you don’t like music on videos, the don’t watch the latter one. I get comments from people disliking music on cockpit videos. Well, I made the sim and I made the music, so I get to decide! 😎

I hope you are all well! Good to have a cockpit to hode in these days!

Ralph

#19 Post by Ralph »

Very impressive! What's even more impressive is that you still have time to make music :lol: Sounds good! No Trønder rock ;)
Reminds me of Trønderbataljonen ... Biffsnadder!

Are you using Air Manager for the hardware as well? Or is that something else?

AVIATor-Olav

#20 Post by AVIATor-Olav »

Thanks Ralph. These are demos from various projects I’ve had over the last decade. We’ll see, maybe It’ll be properly recorded and released at some point. The audio in the video is heavily edited. I ‘ve cut away a lot of the tracks. It was all just for fun while practising video editing and adding audio.
I use Teensy for hardware. I only use AM for the MIP gauges. I run an ancient version of AM. I dread updating it, because everything runs perfectly now! I think I would have to reprogram the gauges if I upgrade AM.