My EC135 HomeCockpit

Are you building a cockpit, planning to build one or just dreaming, this is your cockpit builder meeting point

Moderators: russ, Ralph

tecmate

Re: My EC135 HomeCockpit

#21 Post by tecmate »

Shawn wrote:I would love to see a fully functioning FSX version, that would be more than enough to convince me to build a Astar simulator. Great work so far, keep us posted of your progress please.

Cheers
Shawn
Let's get the X-Plane version (Rotorsim Edition) as a stable release and then we can think about making it fit to FSX. Maybe you or others could help then, as long I don't have FSX the more I don't have an EC for it. I decided to use X-Plane as a very mighty flightsimulator which has way more realistic flight dynamics. Maybe there's a chance for you to switch, too? ;) Otherwise you have to wait, sorry :?

Ralph

#22 Post by Ralph »

I had a try with the Nemeth Designs EC135 in Prepar3D. The flight dynamics are awful... There's no torque effect, you can even do a full pull on the collective, it goes straight up without applying any pedals and the RPM stays totally stable. There's also zero ground effect. A little time ago I even almost vertically landed the A2A Cessna 172, down wind! The sceneries for FSX and P3D might be nice, but apart from that it's worthless. So far for my anti FSX and P3D talk :mrgreen:

Shawn

#23 Post by Shawn »

Let's get the X-Plane version (Rotorsim Edition) as a stable release and then we can think about making it fit to FSX. Maybe you or others could help then, as long I don't have FSX the more I don't have an EC for it. I decided to use X-Plane as a very mighty flightsimulator which has way more realistic flight dynamics. Maybe there's a chance for you to switch, too? ;) Otherwise you have to wait, sorry :?

I certainly don't mind waiting at all, it's cool that you're even considering an FSX version. I have never tried X-plane but only because I just haven't found the time yet. This might give me the motivation to get a copy for sure.

Cheers
Shawn

Amok

#24 Post by Amok »

lricca wrote:I mean the height and width in cm or inch :)
If you do a little maths, you could calculate this by yourself :P

Pythagoras is your friend ;)

We use 10cm width and 75cm height ones for the 5" VEMD and CAD screens.

lricca

#25 Post by lricca »

Amok wrote:
lricca wrote:I mean the height and width in cm or inch :)
If you do a little maths, you could calculate this by yourself :P

Pythagoras is your friend ;)

We use 10cm width and 75cm height ones for the 5" VEMD and CAD screens.
You are right, but for the two 6,5" screens on the right? :)

yogi149

#26 Post by yogi149 »

Hi,

all screens are 4:3
Displays.PNG
best regards
yogi

lricca

#27 Post by lricca »

yogi149 wrote:Hi,

all screens are 4:3
Displays.PNG
Aaaaah, ok, now it is easy :D I didn't know that all screens are 4:3 :)

lricca

#28 Post by lricca »

I have another question, where can I buy a 15" or 17" monitor frameless? (I hope it's the correct word :oops: )

tecmate

#29 Post by tecmate »

lricca wrote:I have another question, where can I buy a 15" or 17" monitor frameless? (I hope it's the correct word :oops: )
You can just by any cheap screen tjat fits your dimensions and remove the plastic parts. Quiet easy and cheap anyways... 8-)

Ralph

#30 Post by Ralph »

Also maybe from Chinatobby2011, look it up through Google.