My EC135 HomeCockpit

Are you building a cockpit, planning to build one or just dreaming, this is your cockpit builder meeting point

Moderators: russ, Ralph

Ralph

Re: My EC135 HomeCockpit

#41 Post by Ralph »

You can also use the switch / button inputs for writing datarefs, so no problem. Or do you mean something else?

lricca

#42 Post by lricca »

I mean the name of the dataref that control the engine starting and flight conditions because I can't find it in the dataref editor.

Amok

#43 Post by Amok »

I have already a working Main-Switch Panel on Arduino-Base (Arduino Mega with Ethernet Shield), wich reads the switch positions from the hardware and send the corresponding datarefs to X-Plane.

We (or better Yogi) is on the last steps to complete the Hardware (we have some trouble with the lighting plates) and then it will work as the real one.
It is possible to:

- switch the main battery switch to on, off, or reset (with a original like 3-way locked button, which has to be pulled outside to move)
- switch both generator switches seperately to on, off and reset (with normal 3-way switches)
- switch the fadec systems on and off, one by one, each with a seperate switch (2-way switches)
- switch to the training mode (what is not fully supported in the Rotorsim EC135 at this moment) with a secured 2-way switch
and of course the important function
- switch between the automatic flight modes (OFF, IDLE, FLIGHT) for each engine, again with a original like 3-way locked button, which has to be pulled outside to move

The prototype is already working:

All Datarefs can be found with DRE (DataRefEditor) by typing in the keyword rotorsim (because they use a lot of own datarefs).
But sometimes its also possible to use the X-Plane default Datarefs, too.

Merry X-Mas to all the Simmer out there :D

Corjan

#44 Post by Corjan »

Hi,

From the images, it seems like you guys go through the motions at rocket speed :)

Not sure if you noticed it, but I send you a new raspberry pi version, which supports raspberry I/O from the instrument lua code.
Now that you have gone with the Arduino approach, you better stick with it though.

Enjoy Christmas, and keep us posted!

Corjan

Gregor

#45 Post by Gregor »

Hello!

First of all: I'm very impressed!!! Great work!

I currently work on the EC135 Displays too for the Rotorsim EC135. But it doesn't work. It seems that the datarefs i use don't work. :(
I'm a real noob in programming. That's my biggest problem.

So i hope that i can use your displays one time! :) ...

Kind regards

Gregor

Amok

#46 Post by Amok »

Hi Gregor, nice to meet you here, too ;)

I think you have a realy good chance to use our EC135 Instruments.
All you have to wait for ist the Release of AirManager 2.1.1 (because we use some special Features of this Version, like Strings and so on).

yogi149

#47 Post by yogi149 »

Hi,

because Luigi asked for the dual throttle:
dual-throttle-135.PNG
the round red parts are neodym magnet, they couple the grip (single red magnet) and the sensor gear (covered red magnet) trough the alloy tube.
On the left side (right from the magnet) you can see the 3 connectors for the A1302 Hall-effect sensor we use in all our axles.
best regards
yogi

lricca

#48 Post by lricca »

Thanks, I really appreciated.

Marcelth199

#49 Post by Marcelth199 »

I‘m new in this forum and also in building homecockpits.

I‘m looking for the ND and PFD for the Copilot. Now I‘m using for the copilot-side a duplicate of the pilot but it would be nice if there is a way for a separate control. Unfortunately I‘m not good in programming lua.scripts. Is there anyvone who can build the ND and PFD of the copilot for xplane and load it up to the community instruments ?

Thanks a lot !!!

Keith Baxter

#50 Post by Keith Baxter »

Marcelth199 wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 4:37 am I‘m new in this forum and also in building homecockpits.

I‘m looking for the ND and PFD for the Copilot. Now I‘m using for the copilot-side a duplicate of the pilot but it would be nice if there is a way for a separate control. Unfortunately I‘m not good in programming lua.scripts. Is there anyvone who can build the ND and PFD of the copilot for xplane and load it up to the community instruments ?

Thanks a lot !!!
Hi and welcome to the forum,

Yes, that person is YOU. :mrgreen: Jokes aside, nobody is going to build that for you other than sim innovations. That comes with costs. If you have the funds to do so give them a PM and they will give you a quote.

However all is not doom and gloom. To modify a community instrument is not that difficult. You will get plenty of assistance from the guys here if you are prepared to try. I promise you that once you get one little instrument modified the bug will catch.

Witch two instruments ND and PDF are you talking about?

Keith

EDIT: @Marcelth199 I had a quick look for you. I will need to know which EC135 you are flying. I downloaded the rotorsim freeware to check. Is that the one you are referring to? If it is just the bezels that need changing from pilot to copilot that we can easily assist YOU with making your first instrument :D .
AMD RYZEN 9 5950X CPU, Corsair H80I cooler, ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS AMD Ryzen Mother Board,  32Gb ram Corsair Vengeance 3000Mh, MSI GTX960 4G graphics card