My EC135 HomeCockpit

Are you building a cockpit, planning to build one or just dreaming, this is your cockpit builder meeting point

Moderators: russ, Ralph

lricca

Re: My EC135 HomeCockpit

#31 Post by lricca »

Thanks, I will try to remove the plastic parts from a monitor.

Amok

#32 Post by Amok »

Now the work on my VEMD is finished and its out for beta testing (and I am waiting for the release of AirManager RaspberryPi-Edition to use it as planned)

Here some impressions of different screens:

Turbine Startup (max TOT markers appear only when starter is active)

Normal operational mode

All Engine Operational (AEO) 5 minutes LIMIT active

One Engine Inoperative (OEI) 30 second LIMIT active

Engine in manual mode within the LIMIT

System Status Page

Generator AMPS view

Battery AMPS view

and after shutdown ... the Flight Report Page

Perhaps you noticed the special behavior of the Limit Bars when Limits are active - everything like described in the original Training- and Flight-Manuals for the EC135 (as far as the Rotorsim EC135 can handle it).

lricca

#33 Post by lricca »

Fantastic, this makes me anxious to build my home cokpit :D

Amok

#34 Post by Amok »

Actually working on the next one ...
preview.png

tecmate

#35 Post by tecmate »

To all who have not seen yet, my PFD & ND updates have now been postet here: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=44 :? :D

lricca

#36 Post by lricca »

@Amok : There is a way to swap between the functions of the VEMD like gen amp, gen volt, bat vol...? Or they are different gauges?

tecmate

#37 Post by tecmate »

lricca wrote:@Amok : There is a way to swap between the functions of the VEMD like gen amp, gen volt, bat vol...? Or they are different gauges?
Of course you can toggle through them all by just pressing (i think it was) the scroll button (or the select button) on the right of the VEMD. As in the real one.

We both are doing our best to have it as original as possible, we even try to implement more functionality and features, than the free rotorsim EC supports! 8-)

lricca

#38 Post by lricca »

Excellent :D Now I'm checking what datarefs I can use to build this home cockpit, I have found almost all datarefs, but for engines control (off - idle - flight) what dataref do you use?

Ralph

#39 Post by Ralph »

The Raspberry Pi version will have hardware support, that will be ideal to switch between screens, turn screens on or off and maybe control backlighting of the panels and/or buttons.

tecmate

#40 Post by tecmate »

In the rotorsim EC the most CPDS and FCDM functions are controlled by custom commands from the EC135 plugin. Unfortunately they are gone after switching to another plane so you should use something like "x-assign". Anyways even with a PI you will need to send datarefs (and/or commands) to get the desired function though the sim, except of panel brightness.
Regarding the Engine Control Panel I can give you more help after being home on Monday. But they defenetly do exist ;)
Merry christmas and happy holydays to all of you...