IXEG 733

Are you building a cockpit, planning to build one or just dreaming, this is your cockpit builder meeting point

Moderators: russ, Ralph

BW901

IXEG 733

#1 Post by BW901 »

Hi folks.

Searching the forum I've seen some limited comment on the IXEG, but wondered if there's anyone out there who is actively developing Air Manager instruments to run with the 733?

I have a set of engine instruments now running, my first attempts at gauge design and it's been an interesting exercise in learning the basics and then adding in scrolling digital readouts, etc. I've also built an RMI and I'm thinking now about primary flight instruments for a Southwest-style full clockwork cockpit - I would quite happily live without a magenta line. Next I need to work on the graphics before I can show or distribute anything. I've done similar for the FJS 732 (and I am getting to grips with Photoshop for new background images for the 737-200 engine instruments), but I do love that IXEG, it seems to draw me back every time I stray...

Would be great to hear of anyone else doing similar.

Cheers
Jon

Ralph

Re: IXEG 733

#2 Post by Ralph »

I have thought about the project, because it's an awesome aircraft and much more interesting than the newer versions of the 737. But I'm lacking the time... Let me know if you need help.

I had some thoughts about the scrolling numbers. To make it as real as possible it would probably be the best to let them move with a certain amount of pixels so the numbers don't go fluidly, but really jump from line to line.

BW901

Re: IXEG 733

#3 Post by BW901 »

Thanks Ralph, now that sounds complicated with the scrolling numbers! I've got the digits working fine on the IXEG engine gauges, fixed on the left two and scrolling on the right, my biggest problem is trying to install a dot font which looks more true to the real thing. I've tried online font makers but so far no joy, I can't get it visible in Air Manager.

Can I ask how you were getting on with the 737 overhead panels. Are any individual components at release stage and if so the cheeky question, any possibility for us to try and mod them to fit the IXEG !!

I have to thank you and everyone who's written and contributed the gauges available for download, brains far more capable than mine. They are a great source of inspiration for finding appropriate code. I wonder though if there's any chance of Sim Innovations making a "code bank" so that code for achieving specific actions can be found easily, sometimes it can be really hard to find the appropriate sections of code within a complex instrument.

Thanks again
Jon