My low-cost-work-in-progress cockpit

Are you building a cockpit, planning to build one or just dreaming, this is your cockpit builder meeting point

Moderators: russ, Ralph

Witzman

My low-cost-work-in-progress cockpit

#1 Post by Witzman »

Hi,

while asking stupid questions in the forum, i want to share, what i am working on.

Back in the hobby since 4 weeks after 15 years on standby. Only having a Dell Win10 Laptop with integrated Intel "GPU" i cant run anything better than FSX with 2 additional Displays. Hopefully somewhen i can upgrade to P3D/XP/FS2020.
Beside that i am running the panel on AM on a Pi, electronics via Arduino Mega.

Curretly it looks like
image0.jpeg
a bit more light, one week ago, without the panel frame
Unbenannt.PNG
Actual prototype of Panel with added electronics:
https://youtu.be/6quk4reLj1o

The Saitec Yoke and Radiopanel was bought 2nd hand, Rudder pedal is a 5€ used fitnes stepper - dampers removed, fader attached and connected to a Arduino leonardo flashed as 2nd Joystick Controller. beside that a lot of Duct-Tape, HotGlue, on-the-fly wiring and use whatever i can find in the basement....

Have fun roasting me :)

jph

Re: My low-cost-work-in-progress cockpit

#2 Post by jph »

Hey :D , nice. It looks great. Amazing out of the box thinking with the pedals, love it.
It shows you dont need crazy priced stuff to have fun and thats all that matters.
Joe

Oh, and you just got me as a subsciber. ;) I love it when people just get on with it. The panel is great. Look forward to watching you do more great work.
Joe. CISSP, MSc.

Crunchmeister

Re: My low-cost-work-in-progress cockpit

#3 Post by Crunchmeister »

Air Manager is great for that. It gives you incredible versatility without needing to break the bank. Or if you do want to break the bank, it can grow along with your cockpit.
- Ryzen 5950x, 64GB 3600MHz RAM, RTX3070Ti

Simstrumentation Instrument dev
Free Air Manager instruments for MSFS available at http://www.simstrumentation.com