Mac Joystick - XP10/11

You can talk about anything flight (simulation) related here

Moderators: russ, Ralph

Sling

Mac Joystick - XP10/11

#1 Post by Sling »

Anyone got any recommendations for a joystick that works with XP10/XP11 on Mac. I develop and research sim stuff with my mac and strangely my old Saitek Cyborg Evo which used to work has stopped working only on Mac. It works as expected on PC. The last version I remember it working on was Yosemite. It seems very few (if any) Joystick manufacturers claim support for Mac OSX and I don't want to buy the wrong one.

Ralph

Re: Mac Joystick - XP10/11

#2 Post by Ralph »

Are you looking for a joystick or a yoke?

Sling

#3 Post by Sling »

Just wanting a relatively cheap joystick for my dev machine. I also have a saitek yoke but I don't think I've ever tried that with the mac.

Ralph

#4 Post by Ralph »

OSx and joysticks looks quite troublesome, I see a lot of people complaining about their joysticks not working anymore. I saw some people mentioning that a program called 'USB Overdrive' fixed their problem, but for some it doesn't.

docjl

#5 Post by docjl »

My Saitek X52 worked very well on my mac. Now, it's a Saitek yoke, the joystick is no more connected.
Jean-Luc

Sling

#6 Post by Sling »

Ralph,

Thanks for the tip about 'USB Overdrive'. I gave it a try for the hell of it and after a little bit of messing with the configuration it fixed my issue. If anyone else is having similar issues I'd recommend giving it a try as it's given my old joystick some further life. The question that bugs me is why did Apple break it and how come they haven't fixed it. Some small developer can solve it why can't they. Shame on them I say. I used to love my Apple stuff but of late they have been letting me down. Rant over.