Instrument does not work with override_planepath set

You can talk about anything flight (simulation) related here

Moderators: russ, Ralph

fshadpey

Instrument does not work with override_planepath set

#1 Post by fshadpey »

Hi,

We developed an in-house real-time simulator which generates the dynamic behavior of A/C. We are using x-plane as Out-The-Window (OTW) visualization and plan to use air manger for the cockpit instrumentation.
To by pass X-plane physics engine, we set the following data reference:

- sim/operation/override/override_planepath

This works fine and we can control the position and attitude of the A/C. However, the instrumentation panels are not updated anymore. I tried to change the value of many data references in order to take control of the instrument without success. As an example, i can change the theta (pitch) and see the A/C pitch changes with the following:

- 'sim/flightmodel/position/theta'

but neither the x-plane cockpit ADI pitch indicator nor the data references reflecting the sensor value

'sim/cockpit2/gauges/indicators/pitch_AHARS_deg_pilot'

do not change. Note that attempting to set directly the sensor data reference does not change the data reference value.

I would appreciate it if anybody could provide hints on how to take over instrument panels and change data references driving the instrument panels while in override (override_planepath = 1) mode.

Thanks

lonespace

Re: Instrument does not work with override_planepath set

#2 Post by lonespace »

I assume you’re running the professional version of Air Manager? You might be able to modify the instruments in question to pull data from your external flight model via http://siminnovations.com/wiki/index.ph ... ernal_data
Might even be just a simple change from the xplane dataref subscribe to your external data subscription