Formula 1 .....

You can talk about anything flight (simulation) related here

Moderators: russ, Ralph

jph

Re: Formula 1 .....

#41 Post by jph »

Hey Keith, have you not managed to fill in the blanks yet ? ;)
Joe. CISSP, MSc.

Keith Baxter

#42 Post by Keith Baxter »

jph wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 12:58 pm Hey Keith, have you not managed to fill in the blanks yet ? ;)
:lol: :lol:
AMD RYZEN 9 5950X CPU, Corsair H80I cooler, ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS AMD Ryzen Mother Board,  32Gb ram Corsair Vengeance 3000Mh, MSI GTX960 4G graphics card 

jph

#43 Post by jph »

Just in case - :mrgreen:
It was - 1990.. second to last race of the season at Suzuka.

In heated discussions post-race, Prost revealed his disgust with Senna's tactics, publicly slamming Senna as "disgusting....and a man without value"

The championship was down to the last 2 round. Senna was ahead on tactical points, as is Max at this stage. Senna took Prost out on guaranteeing the championship.
Race report
Ayrton Senna qualified on pole, but was unhappy with the dirty side of the track it was situated on, arguing that pole should always be on the racing line. He and Gerhard Berger then went to the Japanese stewards, to request a change of position of pole to the cleaner left side of the track. The stewards initially agreed but an injunction by FISA president Jean Marie Balestre later that night rejected the decision and the original pole position remained on the dirtier right side of the track. In addition, the FIA had warned that crossing the yellow line of the pit exit on the right to better position oneself at the first corner would not be permitted, further infuriating Senna.

At the start, Prost took the lead, but Senna attempted to take the inside line into the first corner. The two drivers made contact, sending both off the track and into instant retirement. The crash meant that Senna had clinched the Drivers' Championship for a second time, as with one race left in the season, Prost could not overtake his points tally. Benetton-Ford's dominance of the podium prevented Ferrari from scoring enough points to stop McLaren clinching its sixth constructors' title.

The two discussed the event afterwards, with Senna claiming it was not how he wanted it but how it had to be. Prost was infuriated by this, and described the move as "disgusting" and Senna as "a man without value". He later said that he almost retired from the sport instantly after the incident
Nothing new under the sun :)

Max is Senna reincarnated. :)
Joe. CISSP, MSc.

jph

#44 Post by jph »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbeBnn0 ... el=Norkeys

Commentator the utterly brilliant Murray Walker
It seems likes yesterday eh ?
Joe
Joe. CISSP, MSc.

jph

#45 Post by jph »

Had to add this one as well - Senna and Prost the year before in 1989 - again, at Suzuka.
Senna is a total hero ;) None of this 'woke' culture liberal crap they have now haha :lol:
Get in there boys. Max would have been in his element. Best thing was that last Sunday Prost was in the Alpine pit garage watching history repeat itself.
Again, I remember this like it was yesterday. I would have been 32 years young then :o
The sound of those V10's truly incredible.

Murray Walker and World Champion James Hunt on commentary. James died too young. Mind you, he had one hell of a party getting there.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zc61is ... sportFever
Joe. CISSP, MSc.

jph

#46 Post by jph »

The drivers have there say for the final race. It is obvious that someone is not overly popular :lol:
https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/arti ... xFoRc.html

Fernando Alonso just put it like this -
This season, it comes down to a winner-takes-all race at Yas Marina. Who will win, according to Alonso?

“It will depend on the package a little bit; Mercedes lately have been more performing and they’ve won a couple of races now, but Max is driving – in my opinion – one step ahead of all of us. We saw the [qualifying] lap in Jeddah, until he touched the wall at the last corner, that lap was coming from Max, not the Red Bull.

“In a way, that’s my opinion: Mercedes deserve the constructors’ championship because the car is superior and Max, maybe overall in the year, was driving one step ahead of everyone,” said the Spaniard.
Oh it's going to be a good one :D I hope it is as pushy as last week. Elbows out boys.
Joe. CISSP, MSc.

jph

#47 Post by jph »

Game on boys. :D
Joe. CISSP, MSc.

Keith Baxter

#48 Post by Keith Baxter »

Well the stewards were the ones wanting to be the stars.
AMD RYZEN 9 5950X CPU, Corsair H80I cooler, ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS AMD Ryzen Mother Board,  32Gb ram Corsair Vengeance 3000Mh, MSI GTX960 4G graphics card 

Corjan

#49 Post by Corjan »

Little bit yeah, but at the end it is all part of the game :)

Crazy until the last corner, just the way you would want it to be.

jph

#50 Post by jph »

absolutely f^cking awesome !.

This season will be remembered long after me.

I have followed F1 for 45 years. THIS is the best ever season and finale.

Bugger all to do with the stewards. If that was the case then Hamilton would have been out at Silverstone and max would have been 25 points in front due to the foul by hamilton. Whatever that is the way it goes.
A bloody freeking awesome finale .
@Sling can turn the light off as he leaves... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Joe. CISSP, MSc.