Scam Bots

You can talk about anything flight (simulation) related here

Moderators: russ, Ralph

BradyBrother100

Scam Bots

#1 Post by BradyBrother100 »

Hi! I have experienced at least three users who keep advertising products that have nothing to do with flight sim. I don't know if they are bots are what. I have reported everyone I see. Has anyone else seen these?
Here is one I saw today.
Capture.PNG

BradyBrother100

Re: Scam Bots

#2 Post by BradyBrother100 »

There are actually a lot more.
image.png
image.png (17.83 KiB) Viewed 4197 times

jph

#3 Post by jph »

I feel your pain.
What I tend to do with the multi post spam posts is simply report the fist post and do not select any option - I just enter in the text box that 'this whole thread is shite !)
It is usually removed rapidly :lol:

I wouldn't bother, when you report a post - even in a multi-post thread - trying to select an option in these cases - simply report it and put any expletive you like.. the guys will take care of it.
Joe. CISSP, MSc.

Keith Baxter

#4 Post by Keith Baxter »

Hi,

SI guys. I am very close to a point where i will not visit this forum until the spamming issue is resolved. You guys have an awesome product and I will continue to support.
It also seems that users profile is hacked. I will discuss this with you guys via another media. It is of great concern to me and others reading this will no doubt feel the same.

As part of some "TOUGH LOVE" it might be time for us to embark on a forum boycott to persuade you guys do do something about the issue. I hope this "drastic measure" suggestion becomes moot and a resolve found to keep the happy family we have all become, smiling.

Keith
AMD RYZEN 9 5950X CPU, Corsair H80I cooler, ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS AMD Ryzen Mother Board,  32Gb ram Corsair Vengeance 3000Mh, MSI GTX960 4G graphics card 

Ralph

#5 Post by Ralph »

Spammers are everywhere. Email, websites, and also on forums. We look at the forums a couple times per day and remove any spam there is.
I'm not in favor of manually confirming all new users.
If you want to look at the forums is your choice :)

jph

#6 Post by jph »

Ralph wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 3:49 pm Spammers are everywhere. Email, websites, and also on forums. We look at the forums a couple times per day and remove any spam there is.
I'm not in favor of manually confirming all new users.
If you want to look at the forums is your choice :)
:lol:
Although I may well be in favour of having a sandbox.. the idea of a 'boycott' seems to me to be totally crazy, over reacting and is 'a bridge too far' . :o - I think the chances of that happening are jack shit.. (ie: - ZERO!)
And quite rightly.

It is quite easy to simply ignore spammers /// I am - time wise - usually early on the forums - EU time - and tend to report spam crap in a few seconds.. as soon as a 'mod' is available it is gone. Sorted. !.
Yes, I would rather not have it.. but hey ;) ... it is far less crap than using faecesbook or instatrack/////////////////////////// or, indeed virtually ANY other type of 'so called' social media...... - 'chat server' etc.....
Joe. CISSP, MSc.

Keith Baxter

#7 Post by Keith Baxter »

Hi,

Did you notice SI splashed out and bought a Mercedes ....

Awesome effort guys

splash.png
Keith
AMD RYZEN 9 5950X CPU, Corsair H80I cooler, ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS AMD Ryzen Mother Board,  32Gb ram Corsair Vengeance 3000Mh, MSI GTX960 4G graphics card 

BradyBrother100

#8 Post by BradyBrother100 »

Hi,
Something more secure has to be done, the most recent bot was a bot advertising all types of adult content. After seeing that, this forum doesn't feel the same anymore to me at least. Is there a way to filter words out or something along that?

Ralph

#9 Post by Ralph »

Yes words can be filtered but that's when it posted, so you'll see a part of the message. Scammers can be creative with words, so it takes a while. And I don't want to filter out too much as it could obstruct normal messages as well.

I'll see if I can add some more limits. The last limit I introduced was confirming a new account by clicking a link in an email, but that didn't stop them. Eventually nothing will, they'll always be there.

Ralph

#10 Post by Ralph »

I have introduced a set of aviation related questions of which one needs to be answered when registering. Hopefully that will scare them off.