Air Manager

You can talk about anything flight (simulation) related here

Moderators: russ, Ralph

clcmbtn

Re: Air Manager

#11 Post by clcmbtn »

Thanks Keith. Didn't even know about these.

Appreciate the help.

Chris

JackZ

#12 Post by JackZ »

clcmbtn wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 12:59 pm I apologize sling, What I am looking for is an exact gauge cluster that is in the Carenado PA31T. I'm not so concerned with the screws, however, the bezels or surrounds I would like all the gauges to look and operate as they do in the sim. I should also mention that I am using a separate computer to run Air Manager with the plug in for the sim. I have tried building a panel but some of the gauges from other aircraft do not operate the same as the PA31. For example, the ITT, Torque and others do not operate the same as they are from other aircraft such as the King Air or Baron 58
Is it the P31 (twin engine) or the PA38 (single engine)?
Your request changed right from the OP.
Here you are talking about ITT so I gather it’s the PA31Turbine.

There are literally hundreds of addons available on the market.
We still don’t even know which sim platform you are referring to!
I don’t think Air manager ever advertised anywhere that you would find the exact panel replica of every addon. No other product on the market will do that claim either.

Don’t expect Air Manager which is mainly based on community instruments to be able to offer a precise panel replica of every and all addons, especially for an exotic one (by this I mean a rare model (ie not that popular), the Turbine version of the PA31 being one).

So as other said, first try to reuse existing instruments, or get your hands dirty and modify existing or create specific ones, the last resort being paying someone to create them for you, if you’re absolutely committed to have the panel you need.

From what I rapidly checked on the Carenado website, the engine gauges are basically the same as the King Air 90-200 ones(No wonder since it’s equipped with PT6 turbines), so the ones already available on the community store should work as is.

Make a search on « Beechcraft » instruments from the store, and try the B1900, Beech Duke and King Air 90-200 to start with...

Might possibly need some change of Dataref or Lvars but that’s pretty much it I think.

And if ultimately you publish your hard work that will benefit the whole community, the better.

Jacques
Last edited by JackZ on Thu Mar 04, 2021 3:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
My YouTube Chanel on the A320 (Real SOPs by an Airline Pilot IRL):
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... 0Q6SBASRqJ

Keith Baxter

#13 Post by Keith Baxter »

clcmbtn wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 11:50 am I looked at all the available gauges and the problem is you wind up with different gauges and no uniformity.

Sling, P3dV4 and it is a Carenado aircraft.
@JackZ
Jacques, the OP posted ^ but not the Carenado model.

I have a few Carenado Air_Frames all with G1000. I can tell you that the G1000 in all of them are no where close to IRL ones. I am talking about just their available functions.

So as Jacques says, specific instruments for specific houses anr not going to be easily found.

Keith
Last edited by Keith Baxter on Thu Mar 04, 2021 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AMD RYZEN 9 5950X CPU, Corsair H80I cooler, ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS AMD Ryzen Mother Board,  32Gb ram Corsair Vengeance 3000Mh, MSI GTX960 4G graphics card 

JackZ

#14 Post by JackZ »

Keith Baxter wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 3:38 pm
clcmbtn wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 11:50 am I looked at all the available gauges and the problem is you wind up with different gauges and no uniformity.

Sling, P3dV4 and it is a Carenado aircraft.
@JackZ
Jacques, the OP posted ^ but not the Carenado model.

Keith
He first referred in his OP to the PA38T tomahawk which is completely different from the PA31T Cheyenne.
A bigger number doesn’t mean bigger aircraft with bigger engines in Piper’s numbering scheme. :lol:
And Carenado made a PA31T for XPlane AND P3D/FSX
My YouTube Chanel on the A320 (Real SOPs by an Airline Pilot IRL):
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... 0Q6SBASRqJ

clcmbtn

#15 Post by clcmbtn »

Thank you all. I will start with the videos AND "GETTING MY HANDS DIRTY"

Appreciate the help!

jph

#16 Post by jph »

Keith Baxter wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 2:36 pm Hi,

If you want something specific, I am afraid you are going to have to pay someone to do it or do it yourself.
I good starting point is Tony's tutorials. Once you go through those you will soon be on your way to creating you specific instruments.

You will learn to modify store instruments and change graphics.

This is the real power of Air Manager. You can create "ALMOST" anything. As you have seen the community here is willing to point you in the right direction. So first go through Tony's tutorials then try change a store gauge.

https://siminnovations.com/forums/viewt ... 787#p22942

Keith
+ 1

(dad... :D )
Joe. CISSP, MSc.