Air Manager

You can talk about anything flight (simulation) related here

Moderators: russ, Ralph

clcmbtn

Air Manager

#1 Post by clcmbtn »

I just bought this and unfortunately the plane I fly is not listed (PA38T). So, is there a wat to clone my cockpit gauges and import them into air manager?

Ralph

Re: Air Manager

#2 Post by Ralph »

No this is not how it works. Every instrument needs graphics and a script. If only it were that easy... :)

Sling

#3 Post by Sling »

clcmbtn wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 11:53 pm I just bought this and unfortunately the plane I fly is not listed (PA38T). So, is there a wat to clone my cockpit gauges and import them into air manager?
It would useful if you told us what sim this aircraft is used in and perhaps a picture of its instrument panel so we can see what instruments you want. Many of the instruments used in panels are generic so can be used across several aircraft so other than perhaps a specific airspeed instrument for the PA38, everything else will likely be there in some form. Try searching on the instrument types and you’ll see what’s already been produced. The solution for the airspeed is to either create one for the PA38 or use the adjustable airspeed instrument.

Ralph

#4 Post by Ralph »

I agree with Tony. It is pretty similar to the Cessna 172 for example. So you can probably build a panel that comes close to the PA38.
If you use the 'Generic - Airspeed adjustable' from Russ, then the airspeed indicator also should be very similar.

Ralph

#5 Post by Ralph »

Oh and the PA44 engine instruments might do the job for the temperatures and such. If necessary then you can modify the text in the image a bit.

clcmbtn

#6 Post by clcmbtn »

I looked at all the available gauges and the problem is you wind up with different gauges and no uniformity.

Sling, P3dV4 and it is a Carenado aircraft.

Ralph

#7 Post by Ralph »

You are aware that you can turn off the background of the Cessna 172 instruments?

Sling

#8 Post by Sling »

By uniformity are you meaning the surrounds and screws don't match or something else. It helps if you are very specific to stop us having to use guess work.

clcmbtn

#9 Post by clcmbtn »

I apologize sling, What I am looking for is an exact gauge cluster that is in the Carenado PA31T. I'm not so concerned with the screws, however, the bezels or surrounds I would like all the gauges to look and operate as they do in the sim. I should also mention that I am using a separate computer to run Air Manager with the plug in for the sim. I have tried building a panel but some of the gauges from other aircraft do not operate the same as the PA31. For example, the ITT, Torque and others do not operate the same as they are from other aircraft such as the King Air or Baron 58

Keith Baxter

#10 Post by Keith Baxter »

Hi,

If you want something specific, I am afraid you are going to have to pay someone to do it or do it yourself.
I good starting point is Tony's tutorials. Once you go through those you will soon be on your way to creating you specific instruments.

You will learn to modify store instruments and change graphics.

This is the real power of Air Manager. You can create "ALMOST" anything. As you have seen the community here is willing to point you in the right direction. So first go through Tony's tutorials then try change a store gauge.

https://siminnovations.com/forums/viewt ... 787#p22942

Keith
AMD RYZEN 9 5950X CPU, Corsair H80I cooler, ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS AMD Ryzen Mother Board,  32Gb ram Corsair Vengeance 3000Mh, MSI GTX960 4G graphics card