AMD 2021

You can talk about anything flight (simulation) related here

Moderators: russ, Ralph

Keith Baxter

AMD 2021

#1 Post by Keith Baxter »

AMD RYZEN 9 5950X CPU, Corsair H80I cooler, ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS AMD Ryzen Mother Board,  32Gb ram Corsair Vengeance 3000Mh, MSI GTX960 4G graphics card 

jph

Re: AMD 2021

#2 Post by jph »

Hi Keith,
That presentation is typical of the industry as it struggles to innovate.
The only thing to come from that - imho - is that the low power laptop units are really good.
The rest ? - same old - same old ...............

The processors are - err - ok... but increases in core count etc mean little in the real world. especially for flight simmers where single core speed rules to the greatest extent.
Having 24 cores etc is a total waste of time for 'us' (and virtually everyone else)

The GPUs are great, but, again, nothing special when compared to NV releases. AMD may enter a price war, but if they do, and really go to town, they will lose as NV has a rake of stuff up it's sleeve as always.

For me ? I will stick with Intel and NV - as AMD offer nothing at all that is better for me and my usage.
They are GREAT processors and gpus, just nothing special over and above what is available at current prices.
When you account for the mobo and ram etc - AMD is way overpriced. - again, only imho.

Joe
Joe. CISSP, MSc.