Support for FSX Boxed Version

You can talk about anything flight (simulation) related here

Moderators: russ, Ralph

tizzy

Support for FSX Boxed Version

#1 Post by tizzy »

Hi:

hope this is the right place to ask this question.

Can you have a working G1000 for FSX. I fly the Phenom 300 executive jet for FSX and it has a full glass cockpit. I see most panels are for X-Plane but was wondering if it is possible to have the G1000 in FSX. would like to know before I purchase. I intend to run it on an Ipad. thanks for any help. Sorry if this was the wrong place, just joined and did not see where I could post this question.
Pete

Sling

Re: Support for FSX Boxed Version

#2 Post by Sling »

Hi,

FSX does not have the in sim avionics available as a pop out as Xplane and FS2020 do so the answer is no for FSX. Xplane is the only viable option for this kind of panel right now as FS2020 is lacking lots of support for this and has lots of bugs. You therefore either need to use Xplane 11 or wait for FS2020 to get better.

Tony

Ralph

#3 Post by Ralph »

Pop out's do not work on the iPad by the way. We don't have a G1000 ourselves.

tizzy

#4 Post by tizzy »

Thank you very much for the replies. I fear that FS2020 is like FSX was. Years ahead of computers that can run it at sensible FPS and of course the Bugs that have been identified get fixed in a timely manner.
Not the time to spend money on FS2020. Third parties have to catch up as well. Thought that FSX might have tought them something in releaasing a flight sim. ahead of it's time.

I will take a look at X-Plane but as most people that stuck with FSX, we have lots of money invested in add-ons, etc.. thanks again for the info.

Pete