I Did This Then ?

You can talk about anything flight (simulation) related here

Moderators: russ, Ralph

Keith Baxter

I Did This Then ?

#1 Post by Keith Baxter »

Yup, as the thread says. Just some fun and recall. Enjoy the thread and have a good giggle. Post your trials and trib's. Here is one of mine.

Two years ago... wow
Yes I really need to get this one ended.

Keith
AMD RYZEN 9 5950X CPU, Corsair H80I cooler, ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS AMD Ryzen Mother Board,  32Gb ram Corsair Vengeance 3000Mh, MSI GTX960 4G graphics card 

jph

Re: I Did This Then ?

#2 Post by jph »

;) REALLY Nice !

That is one of the things I love about AM is the ability to use it for many different things- outside of flight sims / games.
One use I want to put it to at some point is adding a nice on screen interface to some of my older bench power supplies like the PDD3010A which is a rolls royce of Bench PSU's. it is a 'round tuit' project.... :D

what are you using for the RO unit out of interest ? - is it sea water level conversion ?
Joe
Joe. CISSP, MSc.

Keith Baxter

#3 Post by Keith Baxter »

jph wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 11:09 am ;) REALLY Nice !

That is one of the things I love about AM is the ability to use it for many different things- outside of flight sims / games.
One use I want to put it to at some point is adding a nice on screen interface to some of my older bench power supplies like the PDD3010A which is a rolls royce of Bench PSU's. it is a 'round tuit' project.... :D

what are you using for the RO unit out of interest ? - is it sea water level conversion ?
Joe
Hi Joe,

It was an idea I had to control marine aquariums. There are many different probes that measure all sorts of parameters. What that video demonstrated was an automatic water change. Water changes are a schlep and to automate it is one of the things aquariusts want.

Here is what another aquariust did at the same time I was doing my one,

https://youtu.be/5w2Cb6qLSmY

Keith
AMD RYZEN 9 5950X CPU, Corsair H80I cooler, ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS AMD Ryzen Mother Board,  32Gb ram Corsair Vengeance 3000Mh, MSI GTX960 4G graphics card 

jph

#4 Post by jph »

Hi Keith,
Yes, I see what you mean from the YT vid, but really bloody nice though :) a superb job with AM

That is the kind of stuff, that I think, many people miss the opportunity to do, or possibly not aware of the possibilites. The last survey shows that a lot of people are not confident with coding lua (I presume it means not confident in coding generally- as Lua is reasonably straight forward).

That is a really good example of what can be done. Definitely NOT 'simple' to do, but certainly possible with a basic methodical approach to coding - and basic graphical skills with the multitude of programs available to produce amazing graphics.
Again the beauty is that a project doesn't HAVE to have amazing graphics ! - basic icons and text boxes / surround etc are capable of amazing results. The amazing graphic can come later if even needed. ON most projects that are non flight sim they most certainly are not needed or even appropriate.. the balance you have there is superb. a mixture of icon graphics and dynamic graphics. it is a wonderful example of the capabilities that I think many people can relate to - the ones that are not comfortable - for example - with datarefs and sim link ups etc - in an immediate situation.
I think that the actual taste of what you have done should make some who are on the fence - so to speak - want to delve further.

Nice one.
Joe
Joe. CISSP, MSc.

Keith Baxter

#5 Post by Keith Baxter »

Hi,

Can I fly ?

Select opinion and vote in the opinion pole in the opinion pole section.

Keith