Stop notifications on FS2020 threads

You can talk about anything flight (simulation) related here

Moderators: russ, Ralph

Keith Baxter

Stop notifications on FS2020 threads

#1 Post by Keith Baxter »

@Ralph

Is there a way to not show certain threads as unread? Permanently mark a thread as read.

These FS2020 thread postings are getting very annoying to me when they show up as unread. My very dear friend Gilles is trying to reach 5000 posts before the end of August 2020 :lol: :lol:

Gilles.gif
Gilles.gif (219.75 KiB) Viewed 2830 times
And I have to keep on marking the thread read, FS2020 means nothing to me..

Keith
AMD RYZEN 9 5950X CPU, Corsair H80I cooler, ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS AMD Ryzen Mother Board,  32Gb ram Corsair Vengeance 3000Mh, MSI GTX960 4G graphics card 

Corjan

Re: Stop notifications on FS2020 threads

#2 Post by Corjan »

Hi,

Had a quick look, but there doesn't seem to be such a thing.

@SimPassion
You know this has been mentioned before, but try to limit your posting. In the FS2020 thread, you managed to post 6 messages in a row. No way anyone is going to read (or care) if you post that much.

Corjan

Ralph

#3 Post by Ralph »

I do not know, I think Google is your best friend this time. Search for what you want in combination with phpBB.
And also like Corjan said, maybe Gilles should try to post a bit less :lol:

SimPassion

#4 Post by SimPassion »

No issue, I will only post outside the forums here

Have nice work and enhancements on your stuffs
Just trying to make stirs and buzz and were my last attempts until reaching retirement, however that's how it goes, enjoy guys !!!

Again, no issue at all ;) There's some more efficient actors here, not missing to any point

Gilles

Keith Baxter

#5 Post by Keith Baxter »

Guys,

I do not want to curb @SimPassion Gilles enthusiasm. He puts in a huge amount of effort into this forum and what he is doing in those threads may very well be a huge interest to others.

It is just that I have no interest in FS2020, so was looking for a way to permanently mark those threads read.

Keith
AMD RYZEN 9 5950X CPU, Corsair H80I cooler, ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS AMD Ryzen Mother Board,  32Gb ram Corsair Vengeance 3000Mh, MSI GTX960 4G graphics card 

jph

#6 Post by jph »

I agree that the general fs game latest offering would ' benefit' - as would we all, from it's own subsection.

It is getting rather haphazard. Can I please suggest a subsection as it will be years before the game is stable and consistent. A sub section keeping all referencies in one place can not only benefit the users of the game, but also, the people who are not interested in the game and find it cluttering up the forums.

thanks
Joe
Joe. CISSP, MSc.