Networked SIM - Necessary files

You can talk about anything flight (simulation) related here

Moderators: russ, Ralph

Lancairuk

Networked SIM - Necessary files

#1 Post by Lancairuk »

Hi, Ralf can probably answer this. I have a Slave operating five monitor views. The Master operates three smaller touchscreen panels. Obviously I know that X-Plane and any aircraft need to run on both PCs. However, I am struggling to find out if I can reduce the number of files on the Master as it is only operating X-Plane at minimum graphics settings. Do I need to have all the scenery files on the Master and the Slave for example? Are there any other elements which do not need to be present on the Master when all the 'leg-work', graphically, is being done by the Slave? Any insight would b helpful and any tricks to keep each PC synced with regard to file content would also be nice.

JackZ

Re: Networked SIM - Necessary files

#2 Post by JackZ »

Hi

Since your problem is mostly XPlane related, I think you’d get more chances to get valuable replies from the XPlane. Org forum directly.

Jacques
My YouTube Chanel on the A320 (Real SOPs by an Airline Pilot IRL):
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... 0Q6SBASRqJ

Ralph

#3 Post by Ralph »

Like Jacques says, you're probably better off asking this question on the x-plane.org forums. But from my experience, they don't need the same scenery files. Unless both computers run X-Plane visuals, that would look weird.

Lancairuk

#4 Post by Lancairuk »

Thanks for the info. I will ask on the dedicated X-plane forums. I am coming round to thinking that I can have less scenery on the Master than the Slave, but that’s about it.

jph

#5 Post by jph »

Just be aware that x-plane.org is not a dedicated site by the manufacturer / developer like this excellent site is ! - it has absolutely nothing to do with Laminar Research (X-Plane developers) - it is a completely separate entity that is basically trying to make money out of mostly second rate addon sales through it's 'store' !. (with no way to get a refund when the advertised product is totally SH!TE!) you can contact LR for a more sensible answer in most scenarios rather than a 'made for profit' third part site. if it took even a tenth of the caution, sensibility and due diligence of Sim Inno to vet and approve paid addons, they would have little if anything to sell. it is mostly a rip off as anyone can put any old cr&p on the 'store' to rip off the unsuspecting user. Be warned ! - and you will never get your money back when the sh!te you pay for is simply as said SH!TE ! - .....

X-plane.org has some really knowledgeable folk but you need your waders to get through the BS that proliferates the 'major 'contributers'' - (read - people with begger all else to do) fora' :o :roll: :lol:

ask LM directly - you paid for the program. why go to a third party site with absolutely nothing to do with the company you purchased from ? use their support service (even though it may be -- errr - slow-- but will get you there in the end) :D :D :D

jph

#6 Post by jph »

As an update, the last post sounded a bit harsh,,, but is true (as far as I am concerned)
the forum at xp.org (bearing in mind it is NOTHING to do with the creators of X-plane!) can answer a lot of your questions, but let the thread develop so you get a range of answers. - you will be able to - hopefully - pick the knowledgeable from the BS... :D

On a separate note - regarding the XP store :evil: ... I would seriously advise not buying ANYTHING from there unless you can get a trial first. - The GOOD companies tend to have sites that are NOT on the 'store' (again - which by their highly misleading name has beggar all to do with the official X-Plane makers) - so check out the ones that have their own web sites. - as an example - quality site like the amazing - Orbx ! - you can dl free demos... then decide if you want to order. I know this is OT to the original question, but I really have a dislike for rip off sites.
If they had a fraction of the integrity of this site, then the 'store' would be barren ......................./rant off haha ...
Joe. CISSP, MSc.