Issues felt by the community

You can talk about anything flight (simulation) related here

Moderators: russ, Ralph

jph

Re: Issues felt by the community

#11 Post by jph »

Keith Baxter wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:14 pm @Corjan @Ralph @russ

There is one thing that is extremely annoying. When peeps spend there time to keep popular instruments up to date and you guys don’t have the courtesy to publish them in the store.

Come on guys this is shocking respect for those that spend many hours assisting.

You really need to pull your socks up, and stop using the excuse you have been too busy lately. That one is old hat now.

OK rant over. Let’s hope we see a some action.

Sorry for ranting in your thread Gilles. I just get Pi$$ed off when I see all the hard work you do and you just get ignored.

Keith
I only read your first post - TLDR - but, please DON'T use the word 'community' as if it is a global matter, when you are referring to a VERY small number of individuals.
If YOU and a couple of others have an issue, then say YOU and a couple others and name them, NOT 'the community'

I am sure there are MANY reason why 'some' of the items are NOT published. I have certainly seen clear reason why 'some' would not be published... there are works that are amazing, there are others that only the 'author' could find acceptable, and that is being kind.

refer to the complainants directly.
;)
Joe. CISSP, MSc.

Keith Baxter

#12 Post by Keith Baxter »

Hi @jph

That is rich coming from a member who was not a member at the time when the post was first posted. There were Issues that have since been resolved.

If you read my post, nowhere did i mention the "community". I was referring to a specific instance.

If my memory servers me correct, I did not create this thread. The naming and creation of the thread was done by @Ralph on request by @SimPassion to clean up his thread. So most of these posts were moved here by Ralph. Just look at the headings of all the posts.

Please in future when addressing me use some basic etiquette. Hi, Hi Keith or some other form of greeting would invite a friendly response. I notice you have a habit of being rude and not greeting members.

Keith
Last edited by Keith Baxter on Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:18 pm, edited 4 times in total.
AMD RYZEN 9 5950X CPU, Corsair H80I cooler, ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS AMD Ryzen Mother Board,  32Gb ram Corsair Vengeance 3000Mh, MSI GTX960 4G graphics card 

JackZ

#13 Post by JackZ »

Once again, iMHO the situation boils down to a simple fact:
The forum and the store take time to be properly maintained and kept alive.

Problem is that both are undoubtedly the foundations (and only mean) of the dialogue between SI and its customers, if we consider that the ticket support system is kinda one way only.
And for a two men’s company it’s obviously a lot of work to simply keep the forum and store alive and kicking.
But arguably, dialogue is the base of trust and reputation of any customer service and in the end, of the product itself.

Each time the store or forum or ticket system stall for a reason or another, this generates a lot of frustration in a way or another among users, and I noticed this pattern growing up over the years. The price of a well deserved success, I guess, and I am happy for Ralph and Corjan. But “there is no love, just proofs of love...” :D

I suggested a couple of times some solutions or workarounds to overcome and improve this situation that I feel can be detrimental overtime. To no avail, which made me give up basically...
I even noticed that Russ our famous Air manager Evangelist has kind of given up being on the forum and actively participating. A sign?

Every community, once reached a critical size needs at least one or two community manager to be kept alive.

But nuf’ said, I have the bad feeling that I’m repeating myself.
Getting too old for this shit I guess.... :lol:

Jacques
My YouTube Chanel on the A320 (Real SOPs by an Airline Pilot IRL):
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... 0Q6SBASRqJ

Sling

#14 Post by Sling »

jph,

You are obviously intent on stirring things up. I have also noticed you giving your high and mighty opinions on matters of which you have no background or history. If you ever need help from this community its unlikely to come if you continue on this path. Please have some respect for the members of this community. I'm not suggesting we all need to agree on everything, we often do not, but lets please try to keep it civil and think about what we are posting before clicking submit.

For what its worth I agree with Keith 100%. Those of us that have been here longer than 5 minutes will know that the time it takes to get instruments added has and is still a big concern to the community. When one refers to the community it's in general terms and does not imply it means every last AM user.

Tony

jph

#15 Post by jph »

Not at all Tony, I am just pointing out some areas for you to consider..........................
Joe. CISSP, MSc.

jph

#16 Post by jph »

Keith Baxter wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:46 am Hi @jph

That is rich coming from a member who was not a member at the time when the post was first posted. There were Issues that have since been resolved.

If you read my post, nowhere did i mention the "community". I was referring to a specific instance.

If my memory servers me correct, I did not create this thread. The naming and creation of the thread was done by @Ralph on request by @SimPassion to clean up his thread. So most of these posts were moved here by Ralph. Just look at the headings of all the posts.

Please in future when addressing me use some basic etiquette. Hi, Hi Keith or some other form of greeting would invite a friendly response. I notice you have a habit of being rude and not greeting members.

Keith
HI, Keith, ...........
the clue to the 'community' was in the title of the post. Also, yes, absolutely, I am happy to address you by whatever pleases you, not an issue..

errrm, hope that's ok... Mr. Keith ? (as we say in Portugal) - ( it is common to use the 'Sr. (Mister))'.
Also, please can Mr. Tony also use 'Hi' ? - or Mr ? - Sr ? .. etc..
Thanks for the feedback I will definitely take it onboard when considering other's high and mighty opinions. Thanks for pointing that out ! - I hope it is reciprocal. . It will- errrm, help tremendously and hopefully lead to less confusion and more harmony.
Kindest regards, Joe.
Joe. CISSP, MSc.

jph

#17 Post by jph »

JackZ wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:41 am Once again, iMHO the situation boils down to a simple fact:
The forum and the store take time to be properly maintained and kept alive.

Problem is that both are undoubtedly the foundations (and only mean) of the dialogue between SI and its customers, if we consider that the ticket support system is kinda one way only.
And for a two men’s company it’s obviously a lot of work to simply keep the forum and store alive and kicking.
But arguably, dialogue is the base of trust and reputation of any customer service and in the end, of the product itself.

Each time the store or forum or ticket system stall for a reason or another, this generates a lot of frustration in a way or another among users, and I noticed this pattern growing up over the years. The price of a well deserved success, I guess, and I am happy for Ralph and Corjan. But “there is no love, just proofs of love...” :D

I suggested a couple of times some solutions or workarounds to overcome and improve this situation that I feel can be detrimental overtime. To no avail, which made me give up basically...
I even noticed that Russ our famous Air manager Evangelist has kind of given up being on the forum and actively participating. A sign?

Every community, once reached a critical size needs at least one or two community manager to be kept alive.

But nuf’ said, I have the bad feeling that I’m repeating myself.
Getting too old for this shit I guess.... :lol:

Jacques
Hi Jack) - :) thanks ever so much for the amazing PFD ! - Quality and class that is SO often lacking.. Really appreciated. Amazing work.
Joe. CISSP, MSc.

Sling

#18 Post by Sling »

jph

You also do sarcasm, how grown up of you. Seriously what is your problem. Where are all your wonderful instruments and tutorial videos. Oh you haven’t contributed then don’t criticise others that have.

Ralph

#19 Post by Ralph »

Sorry guys, I had to close this topic. We're not here to altercate. You cannot always agree with each other, and I think in the end everybody is here for the good, to support other users. Just have a little patience with each other.

Ralph

#20 Post by Ralph »

Sorry guys, I had to close this topic. We're not here to altercate. You cannot always agree with each other, and I think in the end everybody is here for the good, to support other users. Just have a little patience with each other. If you getting a bit irritated or angry, then take a break from the forums for a few days :)