Forum regularly spammed

You can talk about anything flight (simulation) related here

Moderators: russ, Ralph

Ralph

Re: Forum regularly spammed

#21 Post by Ralph »

There is already a captcha, and they still get trough. I suspect they're real people, so a captcha won't do the trick. The only solution would be for us to verify each and every person that subscribes to the forums.

JackZ

#22 Post by JackZ »

Well Ralph, you already know my answer for this: Delegate, delegate, delegate! :lol:

There is not much forum inscription I guess, less than one person per day that’s for sure.

Jacques
My YouTube Chanel on the A320 (Real SOPs by an Airline Pilot IRL):
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... 0Q6SBASRqJ

Keith Baxter

#23 Post by Keith Baxter »

I know that some forums require one to log on using a google of FB account. Is that not an option?

Keith
AMD RYZEN 9 5950X CPU, Corsair H80I cooler, ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS AMD Ryzen Mother Board,  32Gb ram Corsair Vengeance 3000Mh, MSI GTX960 4G graphics card 

Ralph

#24 Post by Ralph »

Maybe registration questions which are a little bit aviation related? I can imagine that the most spammers don't know the answer or don't bother with it.

SimPassion

#25 Post by SimPassion »

There's already available CAPTCHA feature that ask enhanced questions, where the possible answers are between a set of different pictures

Gilles

SimPassion

#26 Post by SimPassion »

Here's a sample to use reCPATCHA 2.0 : https://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtop ... #p14209461

Gilles

SimPassion

#27 Post by SimPassion »

There's already the Q&A feature in phpBB but it's rather only text mode

Gilles

Ralph

#28 Post by Ralph »

Only captcha won't work because they're most probably not bots but people who are able to pass the regular captcha questions. So throwing questions at them which are more difficult would do the trick. At least that's my opinion :)

Ralph

#29 Post by Ralph »

Oh by the way, 3.3.0 has better captcha, but updating to 3.3.0 would mean that we lose the mention plugin.

Ralph

#30 Post by Ralph »

Now I am a spammer myself ;)

“[The] Bots transmit in real-time images of the CAPTCHAs they encounter on Ticketmaster and other sites to armies of “typers,” human workers in foreign countries where labor is less expensive. These typers — employed by companies such as Death by CAPTCHA, Image Typerz, and DeCaptcher — read the CAPTCHAs in real-time and type the security phrases into a text box for the Bot to use to bypass ticket vendors’ defenses and use their sites.”