SI Forums posting issue

You can talk about anything flight (simulation) related here

Moderators: russ, Ralph

SimPassion

SI Forums posting issue

#1 Post by SimPassion »

Totally outside of AM / AP or scripting

There's an hidden issue, probably not already seen by anyone, while posting on the forums
Its' been the second time i've seen this and already alerted Ralph on this the first time

When someone else is posting in the same time on the same thread, it could happen that our post is lost somewhere in the "galaxy" ... :-)

I've just wrote at the moment, an answer and posted here, but the post have not been inserted :
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=1744

just hope it could help to prevent some similar issue to others

Gilles

Sling

Re: SI Forums posting issue

#2 Post by Sling »

I think normally when you hit submit you get an updated look at the thread and you have to hit submit again to actually post. I think it’s a way for you to update your post depending on what has just been posted.

I have an issue where I have to keep logging in even though I tick remember me.

SimPassion

#3 Post by SimPassion »

Usually we get the preview when clicking on <Preview> button, i've done this in other circumstances

but rather, these two times, I was only clicking, as always, on <Submit> button and was getting on the page pnly Lee and Jacques currents posts
when there's no issue, clicking on <Submit> button has always inserted directly my posts, but theses two times

Gilles

Sling

#4 Post by Sling »

I don’t think that’s how it works Gilles. If you start to compose a reply by hitting reply and in the meantime someone else posts then when you submit, it will not post directly, but you will get a view of the new posts and then you have to hit submit again before it is posted. I have seen this often.

SimPassion

#5 Post by SimPassion »

You're right Tony, i've also seen this,
but for these two issue i've not seen intermediate preview, but rather directly the result with other posts than mine

So, not a big issue for me, only a more work addition in case the issue occurs and it's rather to alert on a background issue
Not even the priority regarding the huge required work on the AM / AP suite though

Gilles

Ralph

#6 Post by Ralph »

I've never experienced this. But I'm afraid that it's not something we can fix. The forums are made by phpBB, they are the ones that do the updates and fixes. I guess it should be addressed to them. But again, I've never experienced it, so I'm not sure how to describe it to them. Are you sure that it's not just that your post is posted on the next page of the topic?

SimPassion

#7 Post by SimPassion »

As for now there's only one page on the current related Issue/thread
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=1744

so my post couldn't appear on another page
and at the time i've started to write there was only the first OP post
If you have logs, i've posted around Sat Mar 09, 2019 2:20 pm to 2:30 pm

Gilles

JackZ

#8 Post by JackZ »

PhpBB is a very famous Forum subsystem, dating from more than 20 years now, but also the more likely to be attacked. Ralph I guess (hope) that you always keep the latest version to try and prevent remote exploits?

Jacques
My YouTube Chanel on the A320 (Real SOPs by an Airline Pilot IRL):
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... 0Q6SBASRqJ

Ralph

#9 Post by Ralph »

Yep. Currently we're one version behind. But there are no serious security updates to 3.2.5. After the 3.5 release we're gonna update some web stuff again.