737 MCP Conversion Project

Upload and share cool photos and videos of Air Manager in action

Moderators: russ, Ralph

Tetrachromat

Re: 737 MCP Conversion Project

#11 Post by Tetrachromat »

I know what X-Plane provides. I have been using it for years, as well as P3D in different versions after FSX and FS9.

Be assured, MSFS2020 provides the same and more. Currently it just lacks support for aircraft specific game controller settings. But it is on the todo list.

What I want ro achieve is more authenic effects on the controls, e.g. force feedback emulation, and the like.

Sling

#12 Post by Sling »

Tetrachromat wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 2:20 pm I know what X-Plane provides. I have been using it for years, as well as P3D in different versions after FSX and FS9.

Be assured, MSFS2020 provides the same and more. Currently it just lacks support for aircraft specific game controller settings. But it is on the todo list.

What I want ro achieve is more authenic effects on the controls, e.g. force feedback emulation, and the like.
Sorry but I must strongly disagree. Xplane is way superior to FS2020 when it comes to interfacing with the sim and I think it always will be from what I’ve seen. Absolutely no question about it.

jph

#13 Post by jph »

Tetrachromat wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 2:20 pm I know what X-Plane provides. I have been using it for years, as well as P3D in different versions after FSX and FS9.

Unfortunately .. It definitely DOES NOT provide 'the same and more'. Absolutely nowhere near, and thanks, but I do not need to 'be assured' of that. I am absolutely certain it does not.
As the FS2020 game is being primed for now primarily being aimed at XBOX users (after allowing PC users to pay and beta test it prior to the far more lucrative xbox release) then what little it has compared to the pure sophistication and comprehensive data from X-Plane will always remain limited. I am sure that in the future you will still be able to run the XBOX FS game in win 10 /11 - but as an XBOX version in the xbox emulation.
As for 'more authenic effects on the controls, e.g. force feedback emulation, and the like' - all the data you will ever need for FFB and general 'aerodynamic forces acting' is ALL available in X-Plane and has been for many years.
Joe. CISSP, MSc.

Tetrachromat

#14 Post by Tetrachromat »

I will leave that discussion now before it get's out of control.

It is derailed way OFF TOPIC from my original post.

Paul