A32NX FlyByWire Overhead

Make requests for others to help test your instruments before they are ready for submission to the store

Moderators: russ, Ralph

Sling

Re: A32NX FlyByWire Overhead

#31 Post by Sling »

JackZ wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 7:03 am This relatively “new” store policy for publishing has a drawback.
It's not new its always been like that AFAIK. I remember Gilles having a similar issue way back. The alternative is to have lots of variants of the same instrument or increase the admin on the SI side having to check for and remove old UUID's.
JackZ wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 7:03 am The UUID problem is that this Store requirement needs you to work not on a clone of an existing instrument, but on the original instrument itself in order to keep the existing UUID, and merely change the version number.
If you are improving upon an already present instrument from the Store, be it yours or other’s you are faced with the risk of losing all the changes on your improvements any time when AM updates automatically.
I don't think the risk of over writing is there if its managed correctly. There are at least a couple of much easier ways to stop an instrumet being auto-updated that i know of.

1 - Increase the version number to temporarily 999 and then correct to new version number just before submission. Again AFAIK the auto updater will only update instruments whose version number is earlier than the online version. Ralph or Corjan should be able to confirm or deny this.

2 - Untick the 'Update automatically the instruments and panels' check box in settings.

JackZ

#32 Post by JackZ »

Thanks for the feedback, had missed the auto update option in AM, and the trick of setting the version to 999 is a good one.
My goal here is attained, raise a potential problem and end up with a solution.
This will surely help many.

Jacques
My YouTube Chanel on the A320 (Real SOPs by an Airline Pilot IRL):
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... 0Q6SBASRqJ

Scarabee78

#33 Post by Scarabee78 »

EcstaticAviator wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 5:53 am This is amazing, can’t thank you enough for making this!!

The only thing not working for me is the strobe light switch doesn’t seem to move when I move it from my Logitech switch panel.
I will take a look for this. At this time, i don't have news for my submission of the elec panel... i don't know when we will have an first official version 😅

Scarabee78

#34 Post by Scarabee78 »

Hi pilots,
I updated the following panels :
HYD FUEL panel
FIRE panel
AIR COND panel
Everything is normally functional. I await your comments to improve them and you download them on first and second post.
I also submitted them in the official version which brings the pending panels to 4.
thank you for your download and your comments,

Scarabée

Scarabee78

#35 Post by Scarabee78 »

hi pilots,
the official version is not for today ... here is the response received :
Hyd Fuel Panel - XFeed button does not make the sim XFeed button annunciation change.
All panels - All guarded buttons attract knobster highlighting indicating a rotary motion and causing incorrect operation. These include guarded buttons on all 4 panels. There are all ENG Fire buttons, elec pump for blue hyd circuit, IDG 1 & 2 and RAM air.
I changed the variable of the button "XFEED" is everything is working now. You can download it again.
For the guarded buttons, there is no problem with me (see photos below sorry for quality) can you comment if you find this "error" with you ?
20211006_121134.jpg
20211006_121142.jpg
20211006_121149.jpg

Sling

#36 Post by Sling »

Just because you have no issues doesn't mean others will not. If you have knobster enabled the guarded buttons don't work as intended and a large proportion of this community use knobster.

image.png
image.png (34.89 KiB) Viewed 5122 times

Scarabee78

#37 Post by Scarabee78 »

hi sling,
Can you explain to me how can i test this option "Knobster" to try to fix it ?
thx, Scarabée

jph

#38 Post by jph »

It is actually against forum rules to post personal correspondence between users. However, this may or may not apply here - that is up to the SI Staff and representatives - if they are happy so be it. Please consider discussing issues such as this offline. The procedures are there to assist in getting things published and not for a general free for all.
Joe. CISSP, MSc.

Sling

#39 Post by Sling »

I am guessing from this question that you don't know what a knobster is let alone have one.

If you don't have a knobster then it's a little tricky which is why i offered to help. The key is to not place a switch and button or a dial and a button within the same pixel foot print on your instrument otherwise people using knobster will get the yellow highlight you see in the image i posted. I wish there was a way in the API to tell knobster to ignore this when the intention is clearly not for knobster to take control but unfortunately we don't currently have that and therefore we have to code it in a different way to avoid this.

Sling

#40 Post by Sling »

jph wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 12:23 pm It is actually against forum rules to post personal correspondence between users. However, this may or may not apply here - that is up to the SI Staff and representatives - if they are happy so be it. Please consider discussing issues such as this offline. The procedures are there to assist in getting things published and not for a general free for all.
Thanks Joe. Its already been addressed.