A32NX FlyByWire Overhead

Make requests for others to help test your instruments before they are ready for submission to the store

Moderators: russ, Ralph

Sling

Re: A32NX FlyByWire Overhead

#21 Post by Sling »

Yes, I tried the 4 you posted here and operation was much better with the 0.7.0 stable release. I didn’t recheck the submitted one, not sure if it’s any different from the electrical panel here. When you submit again please make sure that the FBW release version (not date) is clearly stated in the description. I did notice on the aircon panel I think that the knobs turn beyond their end stop limits so you probably need to add a var_cap() in the code to fix those. Most of the other things were ok but I did not have time for a close look.

Scarabee78

#22 Post by Scarabee78 »

Thx Sling,
I therefore return the submission of the elec panel. Then I would continue with the others. I would indicate the number of the "stable" version as a reference. Just a question for the continuation, how are made the update of the instruments which one submits and which are accepted ?
Scarabée

Sling

#23 Post by Sling »

Scarabee78 wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 11:39 am Just a question for the continuation, how are made the update of the instruments which one submits and which are accepted ?
Not sure I understand your question. Are you wanting to know how to update the instruments once they are in the store or perhaps something else?

Scarabee78

#24 Post by Scarabee78 »

Sling wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 1:12 pm Are you wanting to know how to update the instruments once they are in the store or perhaps something else?
Exactly ! :D

Scarabee78

#25 Post by Scarabee78 »

Hello all,
I just relaunched the elec panel submission. I updated the download one at the start of the post. Do not hesitate to comment.
Thx, Scarabée

Keith Baxter

#26 Post by Keith Baxter »

Hi

I can see issues here.

All UUID instruments in the store will be overwritten on updates submitted.
One has to either keep instrument creations out of the store and do their own thing ....
or
Comply with the store process and update instruments in a controlled manner.

My R1.00
Keith
AMD RYZEN 9 5950X CPU, Corsair H80I cooler, ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS AMD Ryzen Mother Board,  32Gb ram Corsair Vengeance 3000Mh, MSI GTX960 4G graphics card 

Sling

#27 Post by Sling »

Scarabee78 wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 1:17 pm
Sling wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 1:12 pm Are you wanting to know how to update the instruments once they are in the store or perhaps something else?
Exactly ! :D
Ok then that is quite simple. To update an existing store instrument the new submission is made of the instrument which needs to have the same UUID as the store version but with a later version number. So perhaps start with 100 (v1.00) and then update this version to 101, 102 etc. it’s useful to include a change log either in the instrument subscription and/or at the head of the Luke script. AM will automatically update the instrument for anyone that has downloaded it and has the auto update setting ticked.

If you want to see some examples of this take a look at some of the 737 zibo instruments in the store as these have been updated a few times.

EcstaticAviator

#28 Post by EcstaticAviator »

This is amazing, can’t thank you enough for making this!!

The only thing not working for me is the strobe light switch doesn’t seem to move when I move it from my Logitech switch panel.

JackZ

#29 Post by JackZ »

Oh I get it now.
This relatively “new” store policy for publishing has a drawback.

The UUID problem is that this Store requirement needs you to work not on a clone of an existing instrument, but on the original instrument itself in order to keep the existing UUID, and merely change the version number.
If you are improving upon an already present instrument from the Store, be it yours or other’s you are faced with the risk of losing all the changes on your improvements any time when AM updates automatically.

Moreover the message that appears in the Create tab about the “This is an online version, you should create a clone first, etc…” is misleading for that purpose.

The only solution I see now is to
1- create a clone of the original instrument and work safely on the copy without the risk of your work being overwritten by an unexpected/unannounced update.
2- once finished/ready to publish, copy the improved/modified code from your clone instrument INTO the original one that has kept the proper UUID, same for the resources folder
3- publish the original instrument with the modified code. The version number should be updated as well in the Info subpanel

A bit cumbersome to say the least, unless there is another method?

Jacques
My YouTube Chanel on the A320 (Real SOPs by an Airline Pilot IRL):
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... 0Q6SBASRqJ

jph

#30 Post by jph »

Jacques,
I have found the working storage location in AM to be rather annoying, it should be in 'documents' in my opinion - but that is beside the point. I think a solution for many for loss of files may well be a folder synchronisation program. I am sure there are loads of them about.
I use my NAS sever (QNAP TS453-Pro) and one of it's utilities called QSYNC where you can synchronise or backup user selected named folders from your PC(s) to the NAS to always keep your files safe.
I am sure there are standalone utilities to do a similar job on a PC. I did a quick search and came up with - https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/syncf ... verviewtab .. but I know nothing about this specific program and have never used anything from the windows 'store'. There will, I am sure, be many other utilities that hopefully are NOT from the windows store. Most seem to require a second drive to work with. I am sure they would also work with a partitioned main drive and although they can be used to always keep the files in 'sync' with the paired folder(s) you can usually always chose to not delete anything in the snyc folder when changes are made hence always keeping your versions in a safe place.
Just a thought and a way around loss of data for any unexpected reason. Obviously normal system backups would still apply.
Joe. CISSP, MSc.