A32NX FlyByWire Overhead

Make requests for others to help test your instruments before they are ready for submission to the store

Moderators: russ, Ralph

catflyer38

Re: A32NX FlyByWire Overhead

#11 Post by catflyer38 »

Hi Scarabee78, nice work thanks for sharing it. I will test your panels soon.

1. Yves started to transfer my AM instruments for the FlightFactor A320 to the Flybywire A320 for A320

The following instruments are transfered already and are in testing phase:
APU
ATC + TCA
Accu and Brake press
Autobrake
Autoland
ECAM
FIS
Engine start
external lights
FCU
Flaps
Nosewheel tiller
parkbrake
radio
rudder trim
speed brake
throttle
wheather radar

2. May I use your overhead panel instruments as base to complete my Flightfactor A320 AM collection, this would save quite some time ?
I just completed the lights panel incl APU, press etc. But the rest for the overhead is still open.

Regards Alexander

Scarabee78

#12 Post by Scarabee78 »

Catflyer38,
Thank you for your attention. I did not know that there was work in progress on the FBW, but it gave me the opportunity for new graphics. You can use / modify the panels but without publishing them officially (which I will do when we get out of Beta). Later, it may be interesting to merge the versions ...

catflyer38

#13 Post by catflyer38 »

Hi Scarabee78, thanks.

Regards Alexander

Scarabee78

#14 Post by Scarabee78 »

JackZ,
I have completed the fire panel and I think it is fully functional now. Can you download it again and tell me what you think ?
Modifications :
-Fire buttons are operational (guard and lights included)
- Agent buttons are operational (lights included)
-Test button no longer disappears and I added holes in the background image
- I changed the color of the Disch as well as the font (also for Squib)
- I changed the switches for pushes.
Not change (but i keep this items in mind):
- for the moment I do not change the depth effect of the buttons. I'm waiting for more feedback to see if I change it in all the panels
- i put 8 leds for fire light because FBW don't simulate your description now
Thanks,

JackZ

#15 Post by JackZ »

Hi

I tried the latest version, it seems to work backwards, as all the buttons are fully illuminated upon startup of the gauge.
The red guards should open more than 90 degrees, but that's a minor detail. I like the look of these

I had a hard time reading your code, as I find one line's function very hard to read. It's your code, so you format it as you like, but having one line per function usually helps for code maintenance IMHO.

Jacques
My YouTube Chanel on the A320 (Real SOPs by an Airline Pilot IRL):
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... 0Q6SBASRqJ

Scarabee78

#16 Post by Scarabee78 »

Hello, I submitted the ELEC panel and received this comment in denial :

"Your submission has been reviewed but unfortunately this Instrument/Panel does not do seem replicate the sim behaviour of the buttons and annunciators. I did not check every one but the bus 1 and bus 2 voltages are only displayed as 88.8. Operating the gen1 switch makes most of the annunciators toggle on/off. I have been testing this with the latest FBW 0.6.3 version of the aircraft. My expectation is this instrument should follow what the in sim panel is doing."

For those who have downloaded the panels, are they working fine for you ? Need feedback !

Thx,

Sling

#17 Post by Sling »

Yes any feedback that indicated otherwise would be useful. I reviewed this submission and although graphically it looked nice I couldn’t get it to function anything like the one in the virtual cockpit.

Scarabee78,
I assume from your request of help from others that you have fully tested this panel with the latest 0.6.3 release and everything works fine.

Scarabee78

#18 Post by Scarabee78 »

Hi Sling, thx for your answer,

I think you are using the "stable" version ? Can you try it with the "developement" version ? (I indicated in the description : " tested with build 2021-08-26T").
I will add the two missing buttons (idg1 and idg2 + guard) before attempting a new submission.
PS : I just try it with last developement version (2021-09-17) and it works fine ;) ...

Scarabée

Sling

#19 Post by Sling »

This situation begs a whole new question on the current suitability of this mod for instrument submissions. If an update is going to break operation on a continual basis until its further mature then its likely going to need continual updates to the instruments. Then you have to ask to what version should they work. The stable release although not the latest and greatest is a good stake in the ground and changes much less often than the dev or experimental builds. Its certainly something to consider.

I saw the "Built 2021-08-26T" but that meant nothing to me because it didn't seem to tally with the release numbers listed in the installer. The current stable has just recently rolled to 0.7.0 and the dev build is listed as 3703671. I therefore took the date you put in the description as a date when you last tested the instrument. As Keith pointed out, if a submisssion is reliant on a certain version of aircraft from a certain developer its needs to be clearly stated in the description and it needs to be new user friendly so there is much less chance of confusion.

I'll give the 0.7.0 release a try now that its released.

Scarabee78

#20 Post by Scarabee78 »

Hi Sling,
Did you have time to try the panel again ? Is it working properly ?
I am also addressing those who downloaded it (you are about twenty) could you give me a little feedback?
Thx, Scarabée