Elliptical HSI

Help and techniques for creating Air Manager Instrument Graphics

Moderators: russ, Ralph

flyallthings

Re: Elliptical HSI

#31 Post by flyallthings »

Keith Baxter wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 9:20 pm Hi,

I get a sense of a sarcastic tone. "Y'all are wizards!" :mrgreen:

There is only one wizard on this forum. @Ralph makes thing appear/disappear and change right before yours eyes. :lol:

Keith
Nope. No sarcasm. Probably more of a knee jerk reaction to sound positive and friendly. Like I said, my forum etiquette clearly is lacking.

As soon as I'm back in front of my sim comp I'll be giving some of the techniques shown here a shot. The elliptical dashes do seem like they would be the most inefficient part of rendering the HSI.

This is probably a stretch, but the LUA library doesn't have any 3D OpenGL functions available does it? Because then it's just a matter of changing the camera angle on the compass rose and OpenGL would take care of all the translation.

Corjan

Re: Elliptical HSI

#32 Post by Corjan »

JackZ wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 7:40 pm @Corjan
Why such a bold statement? Is it difficult to implement?(guess so)

Dashed lines would be very useful for ND display of temporary routes/fixes and/or VOR needle for exemple.

Jacques
Hi,

Yeah, it is a complicated feature to implement. If it had to be done now, I would have to be implemented in DirectX, OpenGL and Metal.

My plan is to still move to a more generic library that abstracts the GPU API, but that also is quite some work.

Corjan