background image with transparent boxes

Help and techniques for creating Air Manager Instrument Graphics

Moderators: russ, Ralph

wrschultz

Re: background image with transparent boxes

#21 Post by wrschultz »

Keith, Thanks for the update. I do not have a 3D printer. All of my panel use is in Sim Innovations. That could change. I am in the HotStart server section of Discord and see that there is a "cockpit-building" channel. How would I find the test "de-ice system" SI instrument that you left there. Expect I can catch on soon to this higher level of operation on Discord. Bill

Keith Baxter

#22 Post by Keith Baxter »

Hi,

This is the discord.

https://discord.gg/jhKmwQ9RH7

The siff file is in the <Members builds> <hs-tbm900-community>

Keith
AMD RYZEN 9 5950X CPU, Corsair H80I cooler, ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS AMD Ryzen Mother Board,  32Gb ram Corsair Vengeance 3000Mh, MSI GTX960 4G graphics card 

wrschultz

#23 Post by wrschultz »

Keith, I have used the de-ice system in the state you provided all is working well this is a nice addition the TBM900 SI panel. I will reach out to the contact to assist in building the graphics but it works just fine now. If I may press my luck for support, there are the two warming buttons in the TBM900 panel that sound off often for seemingly small items like putting on the Parking Brakes. Is this an instrument that could the added to the TBM900 system. I do see some other warning buttons on the SI instrument database but they are not programmed for the TBM900 systems. I suspect that all the situations where actions prompt an annunciation callout and flash could create complexity to incorporate this into the programming of these buttons. Appreciate any thoughts you have about this. Bill

Keith Baxter

#24 Post by Keith Baxter »

Bill,

The overhead is almost done. I should have it ready for graphics later this afternoon.

I will look into the warning lights when the overhead is complete.

Keith
AMD RYZEN 9 5950X CPU, Corsair H80I cooler, ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS AMD Ryzen Mother Board,  32Gb ram Corsair Vengeance 3000Mh, MSI GTX960 4G graphics card 

wrschultz

#25 Post by wrschultz »

Keith, I have reached out to Jacque about helping on creating the graphics for the instruments but he is not responding. Have you been able to make headway on the TBM900 overhead panel instrument? I see on your Discord channel that you are very busy with other projects. Bill

JackZ

#26 Post by JackZ »

Mmmmm...
I didn't feel i was summoned to answer to any private message at the minute?

It's summer holidays, I am busy with my family and other projects, don't own the TBM900 and have the feeling that I have already done a fair share of help for the OP.
I don't recall having proposed to create graphics, and your request was not on "help on creating the graphics" but more on doing these graphics for you.

We are starting on a wrong foot here. AFAIK, this forum is not a "free gauge creation" service at the disposal of anybody. If some people feel like they want to help, it's mainly because they have a personal interest in the panel or instrument.

Jacques
My YouTube Chanel on the A320 (Real SOPs by an Airline Pilot IRL):
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... 0Q6SBASRqJ

jph

#27 Post by jph »

I agree with Jacques. In my opinion - and I presume this is the case of the vast majority - this is a not a self service instrument creation forum, it has never been and never will be.
I think a lot of the issues, (apart from unreasonable but mostly misled user expectations) is the push / 'encouragement' to use the 'discord' thing by a user or two.
As many here simply do not use it and have absolutely and utterly no interest in using this thing at all, then to me it appears that there are multiple conversations occurring. One on the genuine and main support forums, and another on some minimal offshoot 'discord' - and, a bastardisation / convoluted interpretation of both. I believe that this can lead to many unnecessary issues and misunderstandings or perceived expectations and presumptions when inevitable overflow occurs to either or both due to a user or users believing - quite incorrectly - that others are participating, following (or even looking at) both.
There appears to be unrealistic and unreasonable views on what can and cannot, or what may be willing to be done and may not that are somewhat - and it appears - significantly different on the official support forums here compared to the unknown 'discord'
Whilst a few users may want to push for things like 'discord'. it should not and should never be at the expense of the main support forums and what seems to me, to be to be 'trying a little bit too much to please' in order to encourage people to partake in such things.
I am not saying that there may not be a place for such things in a very few rare real time discussion situations - for example - where one off teamviewer sessions may be ideal, but that is, imho, about it. Even then, a You Tube video and context would be far far more helpful and superior. - as Jacques showed earlier in this thread.

Just my 2 cents.

(Dons fireproof overalls) :?

Joe
Joe. CISSP, MSc.

Keith Baxter

#28 Post by Keith Baxter »

wrschultz wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 12:39 am Keith, I have reached out to Jacque about helping on creating the graphics for the instruments but he is not responding. Have you been able to make headway on the TBM900 overhead panel instrument? I see on your Discord channel that you are very busy with other projects. Bill
Bill,

I will have the overhead up on the discord later this afternoon. Let me see what I can find graphics wise to assist.

@JackZ Bill reaching out to you is most probably my fault. I suggested that he contact you for graphics help/tuition so that he could do his own switches. Something similar to what you have done previously on the discord to help others.

Keith

JackZ

#29 Post by JackZ »

@Keith Baxter Yeah I figured that, no worries.
The only thing that got me a bit upset is that the user reached me and apparently sent me a copy the panel he wanted for the switches “ to be done”.
And most of all he openly “complained” here about me not responding after a few days….Oh really?
I just don’t do that, especially on an addon I don’t have.
Keith indicated you may be helpful to add the graphics. It looks like just toggle switches would be needed. I am able to hit the area for the toggle switches should be placed and all works. There are six switches and one light. I am including the SI SIFF file and a png file for the instrument
TBM900 De-Ice System.png
for reference. Would certainly appreciate any help on this or guidance to give me a running start. Bill
Jacques

JackZ

#30 Post by JackZ »

Rather than create a switch I'd rather teach how yo create one.
FYI it's a lengthy process: 11 minutes for one position only, and the shadow of the lever is missing (quite complicated as it's in 3D)
image.png
image.png (17.67 KiB) Viewed 16769 times

Jacques
Last edited by JackZ on Sun Aug 15, 2021 12:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.