A Quick method to remove the Background of existing instruments

Help and techniques for creating Air Manager Instrument Graphics

Moderators: russ, Ralph

aunglin

Re: A Quick method to remove the Background of existing instruments

#21 Post by aunglin »

JackZ wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 1:41 pm Obviously the first step is to load locally the gauge you want to work with. If it’s not in the list under Create/Edit , then you have to download it first.
1-click on the “online store” tab, then locate the B58 Airspeed Gauge, then load it on your computer
2- click on the “create/edit” tab and navigate through the list, the B58 airspeed Gauge should be there.
3- IMPORTANT: while the “B58 airspeed” Gauge is selected, click on the “Clone” button to create a local copy you will be working on. You can change its name to something more meaningful for you.
4-select the local clone you created on the list
5- follow the rest of the tutorial

Jacques
Thank you
delete and download again is 100% working

aunglin

#22 Post by aunglin »

Ralph wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 4:03 pm Go to the online tab and download it from there. Then you can try again at the Create/Edit tab.
Thank you

Ralph

#23 Post by Ralph »

I thought this was fixed in Air Manager, apparently it isn't, sorry for that.

Sling

#24 Post by Sling »

Ralph wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 5:15 am I thought this was fixed in Air Manager, apparently it isn't, sorry for that.
Do you mean that an instrument can exist in a panel but not be in Create/Edit. From memory I don't think I have ever experienced that before.

While I think of it. What would be a nice related improvement is when you delete an instrument in Create/Edit it warns you if it's currently being used and by one or more of your panels and which ones.

Tony

Ralph

#25 Post by Ralph »

It's because there are 6 demo instruments, and demo instruments are not allowed to be altered.

Sling

#26 Post by Sling »

Ah ok. I guess you need to implement a refresh for those instruments once the demo gets converted to a full licence. Such a long time ago now that I had forgotten about the demo set.

rowi

#27 Post by rowi »

Mac Users:

Just adding (as a non-graphics-guy) the way I cut out instruments from my photos in round shape on a Mac. You might know how to cut out rectangle shapes with Shift-CMD-4 and using Mouse or trackpad. But most instruments are more or less round. There is also a built-in way for these without downloading software. Just have your photo ready in the "Preview"-Tool (double click on that photo might already start the right one).

preview-tool-on-mac.png
preview-tool-on-mac.png (31.92 KiB) Viewed 12337 times

If you just pressed space to show the selected photo you need to press "Open in Preview" then.

Next step is to locate the elliptic selection (screenshot shows german version). Select it and you can use the mouse to exactly fit the frame, see next picture:

Panel.png

Then to make it quick, you press CTRL-C and CTRL-N and you have the new cutout into a new window. Save it and be happy. The result should look like this (even much better) :

instrument-cut-out.png
instrument-cut-out.png (205.19 KiB) Viewed 12337 times

I just did the cutout as an example, so I don't use this one myself. And it looks really great using the exact same instrument that you have in the real plane.

Best regards,
Rolf

SimPassion

#28 Post by SimPassion »

Hello Rolf (@rowi)

in any case and if I understood well, just to mention that all the AM instruments are meaned to be build without camera pictures
and rather designed by hand using specific tool

Gilles

rowi

#29 Post by rowi »

For me (I don't plan to sell any instruments or even panels), it looks much more realistic having built instruments out of real photographs rather than having these "super clean" instruments, that are (again: for me) too clean to be real.

As an example I attach an instrument, where I used a highly reflective photograph I took (the needles are of course artificial here) that looks quite real to me as it is in the real plane. What do you think?

Best regards,
Rolf
Instrument cluster right panel
Instrument cluster right panel

SimPassion

#30 Post by SimPassion »

You're right Rolf (@rowi)

I just mean that I guess you will not be able to submit them to Online Store, even for free
so only for personal usage and/or for friends or other you decide to share with

Gilles