A Quick method to remove the Background of existing instruments

Help and techniques for creating Air Manager Instrument Graphics

Moderators: russ, Ralph

JackZ

Re: A Quick method to remove the Background of existing instruments

#11 Post by JackZ »

The same technique can of course be used to create a Bezel only version of the instrument, but to have it displayed properly, you'll have to dig deeper in the existing code (Your mileage may vary...)

You do exactly the same as in the tutorial, except that instead of selecting the main image and setting the "Operation" parameter to Shape*(multiply) you select the Ellipse Mask and set its "Operation" parameter to Shape-(Minus) like in the example below.
-
Capture9.PNG
You can then save the background/bezel as an image only and add some code to display it or not.

Jacques

PS: May I suggest you make this Topic sticky if you find it useful? Thanks
My YouTube Chanel on the A320 (Real SOPs by an Airline Pilot IRL):
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... 0Q6SBASRqJ

russ

#12 Post by russ »

I think Ralph has the ability to pin this topic so it stays on top. Hopefully he will.
Russ Barlow
Air Manager Evangelist

bmcmullan

Parameterized C172 gauges uploaded

#13 Post by bmcmullan »

Reworked Jason Tatum's Cessna 172 instruments, added properties to toggle background and toggle a "dimming overlay". Other enhancements: Added to Heading a vacuum fail flag, and properties to do the fail flags with animation or snap in Attitude and Heading. Added new C172N vacuum gauge as well. Gauges have been submitted to Air Manager "store".
FSX/P3D/XP11 - i7@5Ghz, GTX1080, 4 screens + Air Manager screen + custom hardware & Avionics COM, GPS, Radios, XPOND, AP (www.simav8.com)

Ralph

#14 Post by Ralph »

I'm going to try them next week I think, have to finish administration this week :|

aunglin

#15 Post by aunglin »

Hello this is my first post. I try to edit but this gauge don't have button "Open in the Create/edit tab" how can I do
Thank you
Attachments
asp.png

JackZ

#16 Post by JackZ »

You have labeled tabs at the top of the screen. The picture shows that you are in Panels, sélect the Create/Edit one.

Jacques

Sling

#17 Post by Sling »

As Jacques said, you can go directly to Create/Edit. Once there scroll down through the list on the left to find the instrument you want to edit. Don’t forget to make a clone of the original and do your edits in the clone.The clone will have a new unique id assigned and will not therefore be overwritten if the original is ever updated.

Tony

aunglin

#18 Post by aunglin »

I already click Create/Edit tab but no B58 Airspeed gauge. I notice if which gauge can edit it will have button " Open in the create/edit tab"

Thank you for your reply
Attachments
aspp2.png

JackZ

#19 Post by JackZ »

Obviously the first step is to load locally the gauge you want to work with. If it’s not in the list under Create/Edit , then you have to download it first.
1-click on the “online store” tab, then locate the B58 Airspeed Gauge, then load it on your computer
2- click on the “create/edit” tab and navigate through the list, the B58 airspeed Gauge should be there.
3- IMPORTANT: while the “B58 airspeed” Gauge is selected, click on the “Clone” button to create a local copy you will be working on. You can change its name to something more meaningful for you.
4-select the local clone you created on the list
5- follow the rest of the tutorial

Jacques

Ralph

#20 Post by Ralph »

Go to the online tab and download it from there. Then you can try again at the Create/Edit tab.