Programming a speed gauge

Help creating logic scripts for Air Manager Instruments

Moderators: russ, Ralph

Ralph

Re: Programming a speed gauge

#11 Post by Ralph »

That's more difficult because you want that to happen when the vacuum goes from 0 to whatever normal value. But it shouldn't happen when you start the flight with the engines running. It's doable but tricky.

solo86

#12 Post by solo86 »

Hi Jacques
Thanks for the help and the code.
I am planning on using this on a spitfire so I would imagine there would be a lot of vibration from the engine most of the time.
Regards
Peter

JackZ

#13 Post by JackZ »

Yep, probably.
In the beginning of the code I gave as an example some settings I found for the vibrations parameters, depending of the type of airplane. For a WW2 fighter, I guess the second set is more relevant, so you can use them and have a try.

Jacques
My YouTube Chanel on the A320 (Real SOPs by an Airline Pilot IRL):
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... 0Q6SBASRqJ

JackZ

#14 Post by JackZ »

avidflyer wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:44 pm . If you crank the engine an air driven Horizont will Jump and some other Pointers too. How to add this?

Regards Christian and Thank you for your work.
Actually all the airframe shakes and rattle for a second or two when the engine starts, due to the counterforce opposed to the sudden torque created by the engine starting.
To program this one could relate this extreme shaking behavior to a very low RPM range, between 100 and 400 RPM for example, as the engine is not supposed to stay into this RPM range for too long aniway (either it stalls, or it revs up).

I'm not sure we can rely on the sudden fluctuations of the amount of suction produced at startup by the engine driven vacuum pump, as I doubt it has been properly modeled on Fsx/XPlane

Jacques
My YouTube Chanel on the A320 (Real SOPs by an Airline Pilot IRL):
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... 0Q6SBASRqJ