Inter-instrument communication

Help creating logic scripts for Air Manager Instruments

Moderators: russ, Ralph

Keith Baxter

Re: Inter-instrument communication

#11 Post by Keith Baxter »

Detlef wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 3:03 pm Hi again Keith,

thank you for pointing me to Corjans piece of code. It took me quite some time only to begin to understand what the code is doing, writing {...} in Lua being new to me. Corjan really is a Lua pro. That code addresses problems where a value (e.g. speed or thrust) is changing very often. That is not the case in my inter-instrument communication setup.

But delaying some things, for example initializing a user instrument, may still help. I will think about it some more.

Thank you
Detlef
Yes,

@Corjan has some exciting code and ideas.

Glad to bring to the fore for all, this bit of code has many benefits and uses.

Keith
AMD RYZEN 9 5950X CPU, Corsair H80I cooler, ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS AMD Ryzen Mother Board,  32Gb ram Corsair Vengeance 3000Mh, MSI GTX960 4G graphics card 

Toddimus

#12 Post by Toddimus »

Hi there,

So I thought I'd try the v4.1 beta with the new beta v3.8 plugin for MSFS2020. Everything that I've tried thus far seems to work except the si_variable_subscribe. It's not firing at all. It worked fine with v4.0.2 and v3.7 plugin. Any ideas?
Simstrumentation Instrument developer
Check us out http://www.simstrumentation.com or https://github.com/Simstrumentation/Air-Manager

Keith Baxter

#13 Post by Keith Baxter »

Yes....

It does seem that AM4.1.x has many issues.
Not much effort going into these resolves at the moment. That is understandable with a commercial protect on the horizon.
I am sure that they will be resolved before the AM4.1 release.

Keith
Last edited by Keith Baxter on Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
AMD RYZEN 9 5950X CPU, Corsair H80I cooler, ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS AMD Ryzen Mother Board,  32Gb ram Corsair Vengeance 3000Mh, MSI GTX960 4G graphics card 

Toddimus

#14 Post by Toddimus »

Thanks for the reply, Keith. Glad it's not just me having an issue. Hopefully, they'll get it sorted.
Simstrumentation Instrument developer
Check us out http://www.simstrumentation.com or https://github.com/Simstrumentation/Air-Manager

Keith Baxter

#15 Post by Keith Baxter »

Toddimus wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 11:03 pm Thanks for the reply, Keith. Glad it's not just me having an issue. Hopefully, they'll get it sorted.
Hi,

I am sure they will be sorted in the AM4.1 release which is planed within the next few weeks.

Keith

Ralph

#16 Post by Ralph »

Here IIC works fine in the 4.1 beta with the latest beta plugin, so I expect that the problem is somewhere in your script.
You can use these two instruments as example. Add the server to a panel, run the client in the Create/Edit tab. In the client script you can change the variable in the txt_set. Note that you'll have to use [x] for arrays and tostring() for the boolean. Also be aware that this only works when the simulator is running.

If this does not work as well, then I rather think that there's something wrong in the network. Firewall for example.
I'm not saying that I'm a pro, but IIC might not be for beginners.
IIC test.siff
(10.68 KiB) Downloaded 98 times

Keith Baxter

#17 Post by Keith Baxter »

@Ralph

That works 100% my side.
I did have a issue the other day. Will try and see if I can reproduce so that you can take a look when you have spare moment.

Keith

Keith Baxter

#18 Post by Keith Baxter »

@Ralph

The test worked the first time I tried it. Then I shut down and made a clone of the client. Now It does not work.

Keith

Keith Baxter

#19 Post by Keith Baxter »

@Ralph

OK i shut down my computer and restarted xplane and AM4.1 beta 16.

Sometimes, when I start the test panel then I get CTD.
But the test iic panel does not work anymore.

Keith
Last edited by Keith Baxter on Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ralph

#20 Post by Ralph »

If this is a CTD you can reproduce then please make an appointment with Corjan to do a debug session.