Batt Warning Light - Reset on Battery Switch

Help creating logic scripts for Air Manager Instruments

Moderators: russ, Ralph

warbirdguy1

Re: Batt Warning Light - Reset on Battery Switch

#11 Post by warbirdguy1 »

Ralph wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 3:02 pm I don't think this rather bold reply from you is gonna spark much joy for others to help you. Just saying...
You are right but frankly I think my reply is one of the more mild in this thread. I was surprised because I have never seen this sort of battery to a new user in the MobiFlight and ViperPits community.

I want people understand that building our hobby simulators for some is only one of the many things we do. We may not engage on a daily basis nor work on our own aircraft as frequently. As a young person with two jobs it is impractical for me to monitor and engage with my post as frequently as I would like.

My AT-6 Texan fuselage conversion and other projects has been a slow WIP for the past several years and I am unable to allocate the time and resources many can who either work one job or are retired. I may only complete this project after many more years as time permits.

Anyways, that is all I have on that subject since it is not relevant to the topic.
"I know just enough to break something"

JackZ

#12 Post by JackZ »

Everybody has other things to do than take some time to read and reply to a post crying for help on any forum. Do you really think that you are the only one trying to make a living?

Even though, people dedicate some time and effort to try and answer or start to help when someone is having a specific problem. That’s the whole point of a support forum.

Granted, this free act doesn’t need an overly appreciative comment from the OP, and call me old fashion if you will, but the least of politeness is to acknowledge and or further engage into reply to queries made by people trying to help.

And taking more than a full week to answer to questions that were triggered by your own initial request for help are a distinctive mark of « I don’t give a f... », further reinforced by your « I’ve got more important things to do than that.. » full of contempt reply.

This is basic social relationship rules understanding (to say it politely), that I am always amazed to discover that people are lacking of when it’s about Internet forums.

Most of it, I don’t buy your lame « I’m too busy for this shit », especially when Connexion data showed that you have been at least two times on the forum before posting today your quite bold reply as Ralph said. Your self claimed youth is not even an excuse.

But I’m not here to teach you that basic politeness is also in use over any forums (including Mobiflight and probably ViperPits), just to state that next time you need any kind of help to try and make fly your fake plane, it will be without me.

Thanks for nothing

Jacques
My YouTube Chanel on the A320 (Real SOPs by an Airline Pilot IRL):
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... 0Q6SBASRqJ

jph

#13 Post by jph »

Jacques, I hear you.
I don't personally give a flying f^ck if he has 'two jobs' or five or whatever feeble excuse he has for not being even the slightest bit appreciative of the responses.
He is NOT the only one. Is it a millennial thing ? - the generation that believes that the 'internet' should answer all their questions ? that all information is 'free' and expected without considering WHERE the response comes from ? . Do they think it is an automated response from the 'computer' on the starship enterprise ?
Do these people think that the 'retired' or 'people who work one job' are at their beck and call ?
Bullshit. !
I AM retired. BUT !!!! it doesn't mean that I am lazing about doing f"ck all !. I CHOOSE to take the time (MAKE the time) to answer posts. Do these people think that people who are retired have feck all else to do apart from feed info to a millennial - or whatever - state of employment, or lack of - they think is far more important - yet they can spend time 'building their little hobby project ?
Even though I am 'retired' - meaning I decided to NOT 'work' in the hamster wheel.. (and it was MY choice - not someone else's) - do they think that I am sitting getting answers ? from the university of 'google' ??? - bollox, no. I provide info - mainly on hardware - and some coding - that is from a vast experience over 45 years. Do they think I am doing this because I am BORED ! ??? if so, then they need to think again. I do it because I love the hobby and the product and believe my input is helpful to others.

Do they think YOU are retired ???? do they appreciate what you actually do ?, how much you know ? - how you gained your knowledge ? - how you are good enough to pass on that knowledge ?
I will stop now as I will say something I severely regret (well, actually I wouldn't regret in the frigging slightest ;) ) but, it would not be in the forum rules.
The freeking 'Do BUGGER ALL and get everything for free generation. ! Pah HUMBUG.
Joe. CISSP, MSc.

JackZ

#14 Post by JackZ »

@Joe,
Of course the OP is not the only one of his kind, and if it wasn’t for his reply full of contempt that raised more than an eyebrow with me (and others), I wouldn’t even have bothered. This kind of behaviour is even not worth the hassle. A millennial thing? Anyways...
And you’re right, I’m still a bit young to be retired yet 8-)

This will be my last post on this topic, just quoting your signature :lol:
“Everything in moderation, including moderation.”
“I am not young enough to know everything.”

Lol

jph

#15 Post by jph »

Jacques,

To quote Mark Twain ( another Oscar Wilde Prophet) ... and I think is relevant here - ;)

“When I was a boy of 14, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. !!!

But when I got to be 21, I was astonished at how much the old man had learned in seven years.”

:)
Joe. CISSP, MSc.

JackZ

#16 Post by JackZ »

Haha!
I like this one:
I believed that earth was flat for three years.
And then I turned 4 years old.

jph

#17 Post by jph »

:lol: :lol:
Joe. CISSP, MSc.

warbirdguy1

#18 Post by warbirdguy1 »

Is it unreasonable to thing some of us are only active weekly on this forum?

I really hope this level of hostility is not the entirety of this forum.

I asked a question then get bombarded by several users for not replying fast enough.

Coupled with the collection of personal attacks.

I was certainly not real thankful since immediate follow up replies in my absence on the forum were all personal attacks.

Can we have a moderator clean this up?

warbirdguy1

#19 Post by warbirdguy1 »

Keith Baxter wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 2:49 pm Hi

I have a different view... :evil:

The OP posted his first post on...
Post by warbirdguy1 » Sat May 01, 2021 3:19 am

The first response was a few days later.,...
by JackZ » Mon May 03, 2021 2:56 pm

If it was me posting here for the first time waiting all this time for some help. Would you return???

Looks like the OP was quite resilient and did, and now is accessing advice given

And was last on line on the ....
Last active:Fri May 07, 2021 11:15 pm

We all to often take things for granted and do not look in the mirror.

I sure hope that we all reconsider how new members are treated and stop taking digs and cheep swipes at them. Most come here for advise and guidance expecting some warm fuzzies. Lets provide that to all the new members and keep the cold pricklies off this forum.

My 2p

Keith

EDIT: I see the OP was online at "Last active:Sat May 08, 2021 5:25 pm" soon after I posted. Hopefully he takes heart and reverts to us.
Thanks Keith for the feedback, I should have only replied to this but I was just genuinely surprised at what the thread became when I returned to engage and should have refrained from engaging with the off topic post. So I apologize for that.

I am confident this was just an isolated incident.

I hope over the years I will be able to convert all my simulation hardware control from MobiFlight to Air Manager in time.

I have another community also helping me at this time and will report my findings if I make any progress with my issue.

Thanks again.

Ralph

#20 Post by Ralph »

There is no variable ELECTRICAL BATTERY IS CHARGING variable as far as I know, or it would have to be an Lvar. The only way you can tell, I think, is by monitoring the battery current (ELECTRICAL BATTERY LOAD). If this is negative, while the generator switch is on, it would mean that there is a generator malfunction. Would that be correct?