Transponder Mode C in P3D/FSX

Help creating logic scripts for Air Manager Instruments

Moderators: russ, Ralph

fatcharlieuk

Transponder Mode C in P3D/FSX

#1 Post by fatcharlieuk »

Hi all,

P3D and FSX do not model changing transponder mode from stby to mode C, as far as I can tell. In the past, I've assigned a joystick button to an FSUIPC offset to do this, which allows switching the mode while flying online as well.

Has anyone found a way to do this using hardware with AM? I have a cockpit panel built around Arduinos and hardware switches and buttons. In X-Plane, I can assign a hw switch to seloect between modes "off/stby/xpdr/tst/atc", but in P3D I'm stumped.

My AM panel runs on a second PC over a network.

Is it possible to access an FSUIPC offset with AM? I haven't seen anything to suggest this, unfortunately!

Otherwise, how do people get a realistic representation of changing squawk modes in P3D/FSX?

cheers all,

Roger.

Sling

Re: Transponder Mode C in P3D/FSX

#2 Post by Sling »

fatcharlieuk wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 11:47 am Otherwise, how do people get a realistic representation of changing squawk modes in P3D/FSX?
We use Xplane. :lol:

All joking aside it's why i keep harping on about using Xplane. All the other platforms come nowhere near when it comes to reading from and writing to the sim and even if some kind of workaround is possible its usually messy and a pain to implement.

fatcharlieuk

#3 Post by fatcharlieuk »

Too true - I can't believe how opaque the MS platforms are by comparison with X-Plane. No contest graphics-wise either - X-Plane has so much more _character_.

Unfortunately I'm in a situation where I have no choice but to use P3D for some flights, so I need to ind a workaround - as much as i am an X-Plane fan - it's annoying but necessary.

I'm assuming the result of the query re. FSUIPC was a negative? No way of accessing an offset over the network via AM?

How about being able to send a keystroke or joystick button via inter-instrument communication?

Thanks for the quick reply as always :-)

Roger.

jph

#4 Post by jph »

fatcharlieuk wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 1:15 pm Too true - I can't believe how opaque the MS platforms are by comparison with X-Plane. No contest graphics-wise either - X-Plane has so much more _character_.

Unfortunately I'm in a situation where I have no choice but to use P3D for some flights, so I need to ind a workaround - as much as i am an X-Plane fan - it's annoying but necessary.

I'm assuming the result of the query re. FSUIPC was a negative? No way of accessing an offset over the network via AM?

How about being able to send a keystroke or joystick button via inter-instrument communication?

Thanks for the quick reply as always :-)

Roger.
Hi Roger, Tony's reply was funny, made me chuckle - but also accurate :D

Out of interest, you say
fatcharlieuk wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 1:15 pm Unfortunately I'm in a situation where I have no choice but to use P3D for some flights, so I need to ind a workaround - as much as i am an X-Plane fan - it's annoying but necessary.
Just wondered why ?
Joe
Joe. CISSP, MSc.

fatcharlieuk

#5 Post by fatcharlieuk »

Hi Joe, forgive the long delay.

I am a member of a VA whsde training flights are all carried out on MS platforms - no xplaners in the committee! As i want eventually to be a trainer for them, I need to have a working P3D platform :-)

Ralph

#6 Post by Ralph »

Prepar3d and FSX have no transponder setting by default. It might be something that add-on aircraft have. You'll need to find the variable or event for this.
FS2020 does have a transponder setting that works.

jph

#7 Post by jph »

fatcharlieuk wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:24 pm Hi Joe, forgive the long delay.

I am a member of a VA whsde training flights are all carried out on MS platforms - no xplaners in the committee! As i want eventually to be a trainer for them, I need to have a working P3D platform :-)
Ah, understood. :cry: that is a bit of a bugger.
Is there no way you can physically tap into the joystick button (hardware wise) so that your panel button simply links to the joystick button in hardware - simply in parallel with it ? it would seem that that would be fine . Apologies if I missed something obvious.
Joe
Joe. CISSP, MSc.