Air Manager able to use wasm module for SimConnect events not yet in the SDK?

Help creating logic scripts for Air Manager Instruments

Moderators: russ, Ralph

Irimi-Ai

Air Manager able to use wasm module for SimConnect events not yet in the SDK?

#1 Post by Irimi-Ai »

I know MobiFlight and SPAD.next have wasm modules that allow commands to be sent from peripherals to MSFS for controlling a lot of the glass cockpit avionics that are not yet included in the actual SDK (e.g., GNS 430/530, G100, etc.). For example, "AS530_RNG_Dezoom."

Is there any way Air Manager can use the same wasm module to send those "new" events to the sim?

See here for more info:
https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/si ... 308990/102

https://pastebin.com/fMdB7at2

Sling

Re: Air Manager able to use wasm module for SimConnect events not yet in the SDK?

#2 Post by Sling »

I sense a lot of impatience from FS2020 users because It will not do what they want. You have paid to be a beta tester so you have to accept the flaws. Why should third party developers spend their time working on work arounds to get MS out of a hole.

Please tell me the argument for FS2020 over Xplane11. I just don’t get it unless you have MS shares.

Ralph

Re: Air Manager able to use wasm module for SimConnect events not yet in the SDK?

#3 Post by Ralph »

Doesn't look to me like they have the regular events working, as there's a Mobiflight tag in front of them. Might be the same hacky stuff that RealSimGear does, with the XML gauges.
As Tony mentioned, it looks like everyone is trying to hack their way around or into this turd. Microsoft / Asobo should get their shit together and put effort into their SDK. This has been going on for half a year now and it hasn't improved a bit.

Corjan

#4 Post by Corjan »

Hi,

Gave it another go to get our code ported to a wasm module.

But unfortunately there are problems around every corner :).
File I/O, sockets, threads, getting a FS callback, nothing works out of the box.

Still feels to me that they have some work to do to get the code to actually work and get the documentation up-to-date.

Corjan

Helibrewer

#5 Post by Helibrewer »

Yes, absolutely. The Mobiflight wasm module needs to be added to the Community folder in FS2020. After that the Mobiflight events can be used in Air Manager 4 BETA, FSUIPC7, or anything else that uses Simconnect. I have an Air Manager GNS530 overlay completed and I know others are working on the G1000.

Sling

#6 Post by Sling »

I think the point was that yes this hacky approach may work to some extent but the work will need to be done properly when the correct events are supported via the SDK. I won't touch it at all until i know its at least as capable as FSX. That's how low the bar is and they still haven't reached it.