New Game controller API functions

Help creating logic scripts for Air Manager Instruments

Moderators: russ, Ralph

Sling

New Game controller API functions

#1 Post by Sling »

Corjan,

Thanks for the new game controller functions. I know some were wanting this capability so its a welcome addition.

A few small points.

The wiki states that the the types are 0=Button and 1=axis but whats actually returned is the opposite. I currently just have a joystick and rudder pedals plugged in but it seems to work nicely with the joystick. It recogises all buttons presses and releases and its 4 axis. One small thing is the hat switch is returned as an axis with -1 and 1 returned when each opposite direction is selected. This is probably deliberate but its essentially digital so perhaps it would be better to be returned as buttons.

The rudder pedals only get recognised by a change in one toe brake axis but the other toe brake and the rudder axis itself is not updated. It does return all axis on the initial return just not when operated after that like my joystick. The working axis is index 0 if that helps.

Tony

Corjan

Re: New Game controller API functions

#2 Post by Corjan »

Hi,

Will update the wiki, thanks for the heaps up.

It is up to the manufacturer of the HID device on how many axis/buttons it supports and what values are sent and when.
It is a very generic system, I just pass along what the device gives me.

Corjan

chefpilot

Re: New Game controller API functions

#3 Post by chefpilot »

Hi,
I'm intending to use the Game Controller function as well and made some testing.
It is working fine when using it with AM but it is not working with AP. Both systems are Windows10.
Anybody any idea how to solve the problem?
Marc