LUA Scripting in VSCode

Help creating logic scripts for Air Manager Instruments

Moderators: russ, Ralph

jplewis02

LUA Scripting in VSCode

#1 Post by jplewis02 »

Hi, am just starting out coding for AM in LUA, My editor weapon choice for software development is VSCode. There are numerous addon's for LUA Support for VSCode and I'm trying to discern which provide the best editing and formatting experience. I'm not yet worried about debugging I want to be able write efficiently in the same UI I use for other Dev / DevOPs work.

Do you have recommendations for your favorite VSCode LUA Addon/extension?

Many Thanks,
Phil

SimPassion

Re: LUA Scripting in VSCode

#2 Post by SimPassion »

There's currently no LUA syntax highlighter in VSCode designed specifically for Air Manager keywords apart standard LUA statements
at least it has to be build if someone feel to provide it to the community

I also really like VSCode features and ability, but I don't use it for Air Manager Instruments building

Gilles

jplewis02

#3 Post by jplewis02 »

Ahhhh good point! So, are there editors that do have A.M. aware syntax highlighting?

SimPassion

#4 Post by SimPassion »

We are mostly using Notepad++ here and @JackZ have build a Syntax Highliter configuration file which should be imported using Menu [Language/User Defined Language/Define your language...] then click on Import button and browse to the UDL xml file

I've added some elements in this file :
Air Manager 1.9 Export.xml.zip
(2.46 KiB) Downloaded 167 times

Gilles

Sling

#5 Post by Sling »

I’d like to give a shout out for the built in editor. It has most of the things you would want but granted it’s not a full blown IDE and needs a few more features to make it a one stop shop.

I use Mac and W10. My external editor of choice is Komodo.