External OpenGL library anyone?

Help creating logic scripts for Air Manager Instruments

Moderators: russ, Ralph

JackZ

External OpenGL library anyone?

#1 Post by JackZ »

Hello to all

Was wondering:
While we are waiting for the future OpenGL version of AM, is it possible to add a graphic Lua library such as LuaGl to AM so one can use the graphic primitives in it, such as lines and circles? if so, which library would you advise?
Like this I could start to move on a new project I'm thinking about and maybe when the future version of AM will be released, the conversion could be simpler.

Not familiar with library installation, but does it seem possible?

Jacques
My YouTube Chanel on the A320 (Real SOPs by an Airline Pilot IRL):
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... 0Q6SBASRqJ

Corjan

Re: External OpenGL library anyone?

#2 Post by Corjan »

Hi Jacques,

Air Manager does not have support for additional lua libraries. You could add 100% lua libraries, but luaGL probably also has some kind of native part, where it will connect to the OS. Since the lua execution in Air Manager is handled by java, that is another problem...
In short, I'm afraid it won't work :)

There is a reason for us not to support additional libraries. We want to minimise the number of dependencies the instruments have. Right now, you only have to have Air Manager, and you are done. When adding additional libraries, it also brings allot of hassle with it. Right library, OS, architecture, version etc etc.

I would like to implement primitives like lines, circles, rectangles etc etc to the instrument API. This is not high on our priority list though, so it might easily take another 2 years for that to be done.

Hope this makes sense,

Corjan

JackZ

#3 Post by JackZ »

Thanks Corjan

In fact I was fearing of such an answer...and the explanation for it makes sense.
At least I tried :oops: !

The trick is that we won't be able to display on a ND gauge the flight plan path without graphic primitives such as a lines and circles as a bare minimum.
We'll have to live without it I guess :D

Thanks again

Jacques
My YouTube Chanel on the A320 (Real SOPs by an Airline Pilot IRL):
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... 0Q6SBASRqJ

Corjan

#4 Post by Corjan »

Worth the try :)

Flightplans are planned in AM 3.0. That will in fact draw lines within the map.

For now, although a bit hacky, you could use images to draw the lines.

Corjan