Baron 58 HSI Fix for X-Plane 11.1

Questions about deployment and use of Air Manager Instruments

Moderators: russ, Ralph

jdberg

Baron 58 HSI Fix for X-Plane 11.1

#1 Post by jdberg »

Using the Baron HSI für my Aero Commander and it worked well with X-Plane 11 until 11.05.
When switching to the new Beta 11.10r6 the instrument no longer show the correct heading. Don´t know, if this is correct but after patching the lua-script and changing the Dataref
sim/cockpit2/gauges/indicators/heading_vacuum_deg_mag_pilot/compass_heading_deg_mag
to
sim/cockpit2/gauges/indicators/heading_vacuum_deg_mag_pilot

it works correct again. If someone is interested, here is the complete logic.lua file for the HSI. Simply CLONE the instrument and replace the script.
It is the same effect indipendent which version of Airmanager I use 2.1.3 or the Beta 3 is used.
Attachments
logic.zip
(1.96 KiB) Downloaded 195 times

Ralph

Re: Baron 58 HSI Fix for X-Plane 11.1

#2 Post by Ralph »

I'll fix it for the 3.x instruments. Thanks for the hint.

drnicolas

#3 Post by drnicolas »

I agree, that the HSI for the baron panel and also the stand-alone HSI is behaving more like a whiskey-compass other than a directional gyro.
You can see swinging around the HSI when doing steep turn just like a magnetic compass. Also you can see underhot/overshoot phenomena on southern or northern headings (rememebr: UNOS; Undershoot north, Overshoot south).

In real life an HSI is a directional gyro which receives correction from a flux-compensator for magnetic heading. Therefore it is a directional gyro without need to always synchronize with your magentic compass.

SOunds that the HSI simply shows the wrong dataref.
Air Manager 3.6 Home Use - Rpi AirpLayer with 7" Touchscreen

Sling

#4 Post by Sling »

Looks like a typo on the top line. :-)
sim/cockpit2/gauges/indicators/heading_vacuum_deg_mag_pilot/compass_heading_deg_mag
to
sim/cockpit2/gauges/indicators/heading_vacuum_deg_mag_pilot