Third Party Aircraft Datarefs

Questions about deployment and use of Air Manager Instruments

Moderators: russ, Ralph

iSimVince

Third Party Aircraft Datarefs

#1 Post by iSimVince »

I couldnt find an answer or solution to this online so im here asking.

I am currently building a cockpit for the Eurocopter AS350 B3+ and decided to use Air Manager for the instrument panels as Xplane 11 has depreciated 2d panels.
Almost everything works great, however im struggling to use the custom datarefs that the Payware as350 model (dreamfoil creations as350b3+) i have has.

I can subscribe to the dataref fine and Air manager shows the dataref to be subscribed to. however it simply never actually updates/reads/gets a value out of it.

the dataref im working on right now is "AS350/DME". all it does is controls the dme showing off/nav1/nav2 with an int value 0/1/2 respectively
I can open the datarefeditor plugin and edit it there and it works inside xplane but the instruments im using simply do not react (i edited the bendix/king KN DME display to use that dataref instead of the software knob so it would only be controlled by xplane and by extension the hardware knob ive got setup that changes the dataref).

Does Air Manager have the ability to read custom datarefs or is it only able to use the standard datarefs that are native to xplane 11 (as shown on the xsquawkbox website :http://www.xsquawkbox.net/xpsdk/docs/DataRefs.html )

Ralph

Re: Third Party Aircraft Datarefs

#2 Post by Ralph »

Should all work. Try to reboot Xplane, that might help sometimes. And be sure you're subscribing to the correct type (INT, FLOAT, etc), you can't change those along the way, you'll have to reboot Xplane.

docjl

#3 Post by docjl »

Sometimes, there is a plugin in the plane who can modify datarefs. So when you write a new value via AM, it returns automatically at the previous value (it's very fast, it seems like the value didn't change).
I had this problem more time on my panels creations, and I haven't find a way to correct that. Perhaps it's your problem too...
Jean-Luc

Ralph

#4 Post by Ralph »

You can force writing a dataref, it's explained in the api. It might help.

docjl

#5 Post by docjl »

Unfortunately, forcing doesn't work in these cases (when a plugin reinitialize the dataref immediatly)
Jean-Luc

Ralph

#6 Post by Ralph »

Did you try it?