Air mananager and propit

Questions about deployment and use of Air Manager Instruments

Moderators: russ, Ralph

BlackeyCole

Air mananager and propit

#1 Post by BlackeyCole »

I have an old propit that will not work as designed with xp11 from what I've been told. I'm wondering since it's a monitor with a face on it basically if i can use air manager to display the gauges and I'll figure out another meathod to use the buttons and switches using a border board like most that use switches. Iirc the face can be removed a short distance for positioning the gauges and sizing otherwise I'll use an iPad and try to sell it to some one flying fsx on a pc since the main reason for switching to xp11 was I'm on macs now.

JackZ

Re: Air mananager and propit

#2 Post by JackZ »

AFAIK, the Propit is a screen with some encoders in front of it, so yes you can use AM to display gauges on it, considering that the gauges can be resized and placed to your liking.
Are you already able to connect it to your Mac, via an adapter as I guess the screen is with a VGA input only?
The only thing I don't know is how the hardware encoders and buttons are interfaced with your PC (Mac). Is it via a USB keyboard emulator, a USB joystick card or some proprietary hardware?
In the first two cases there is hope, in the latter it probably relies on a specific driver that won't work.

If you can open the screen and have a look to how it is wired, and also simply plug the Propit and see if it is recognized by windows or Mac OS as a joystick card, that could help.

Jacques
My YouTube Chanel on the A320 (Real SOPs by an Airline Pilot IRL):
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... 0Q6SBASRqJ

BlackeyCole

#3 Post by BlackeyCole »

That's what I was think as far as the gauges being laid out

I thing it was a video connector not sure which one but it was connected to the same video card when I had it in my pc before it died. The switches and encoder are proprietary as fas I know but I'm willing to re wire them to a controller board then use.xp assignment tool to activate them as I'm doing other switches as it is but I bought a touchscreen 24' monitor so I plan on using air manager anyway.

I just need a iPad gps that is fully functional

Ralph

#4 Post by Ralph »

Maybe a iPad GPS app, and then use the X-Plane GPS data. I'm not sure how, but it must be possible.