G1000 works but only some buttons - FS2020

Questions about deployment and use of Air Manager Instruments

Moderators: russ, Ralph

jph

Re: G1000 works but only some buttons - FS2020

#11 Post by jph »

vinman1000 wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 2:00 pm My firewall was disabled per the troubleshooting doc.
https://siminnovations.com/wiki/index.p ... n_problems

Anyway, if my firewall were the case, why would plugin 3.7 work (partially) and 3.8 not?

I did shut the sim down and restart it so that's probably why you see multiple connections. The log shows "New client connect on port..." just like the troubleshooting doc says it should.

The "heading bug" command works and you can see it executing numerous times. But any commands that execute with "H:..." don't work despite them being executed in the log.

I also ran the plug installer with FS2020 running because I read to do that somewhere. That did not help.
I think there is too much emphasis played on the 'firewall' in general on the forums. I think it is hardly EVER the case. but, easy to blame. If the application behaves, AND the firewall is a standard - ie - win 10 etc (as you need nothing more) then there is VERY little chance (if ever ?) of the 'firewall' being an issue. - just my tuppence... ;) - using some BS aftermarket - totally unnecessary 'firewall' may well lead to issues of course. The is absolutely no need to add anything at all to the windows built in firewall.
Joe. CISSP, MSc.

Ralph

#12 Post by Ralph »

In our experience the firewall is the culprit in a lot of connection issues.

I saw that it connects and disconnects within 2 or 3 minutes. If you can reboot FS2020 that quick then I would love to know what kind of PC you have :lol:

Did you try the manual connection?

vinman1000

#13 Post by vinman1000 »

I just tried manual and here are my results:

Using 3.8 plugin: When set to automatic it shows connected. When set to manual it also shows connected. No buttons or knobs work whatsoever.
Using 3.7 plugin: Only a subset of buttons and knobs work. Ones using fs2020_event(H:AS1000...) are the ones not working. I'm assuming this is because the older plugin is unaware of those functions.

All tests were performed with windows firewall off.

AM also showed an "update" in the lower right corner. I downloaded that plugin. That installer was the same 3.8 version and I get the same results as 3.8 above.

I decided to look at the data viewer to see if I am receiving data when using the 3.8 plugin. I am indeed receiving info. The two pics below show the "light panel" and "plane heading degrees magnetic" changing as I operate various functions.
Attachments
FS2020_Data_2.png
FS2020_Data_1.png