Aspen Evolution 1000

Questions about deployment and use of Air Manager Instruments

Moderators: russ, Ralph

northsim

Aspen Evolution 1000

#1 Post by northsim »

Hello,

I am using the Aspen Evolution 1000, all works fine except for the waypoint information in the top left of the navgation display. Right now it shows GPS1 +51 +3 359°in stead of the waypoint information and distanct to. Is there a way to fix this in the settings ?
Thank you and kind regards

Marnix

Ralph

Re: Aspen Evolution 1000

#2 Post by Ralph »

Change the Lua script. If you can find any waypoint information in the datarefs or variables...

Keith Baxter

#3 Post by Keith Baxter »

northsim wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 7:29 pm Hello,

I am using the Aspen Evolution 1000, all works fine except for the waypoint information in the top left of the navgation display. Right now it shows GPS1 +51 +3 359°in stead of the waypoint information and distanct to. Is there a way to fix this in the settings ?
Thank you and kind regards

Marnix
Hi,

Welcome to the forum.

We all try to recreate IRL instruments for all to enjoy. There are challenges. Most of these come from the available data coming back from the SIM or AIRFRAME developer.

So in essence, to do what you request, requires available information. If that information is available then we can help in a "FIX". If not then I am afraid that we have to wait for that info to be made available via the sim brand.

Keith
AMD RYZEN 9 5950X CPU, Corsair H80I cooler, ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS AMD Ryzen Mother Board,  32Gb ram Corsair Vengeance 3000Mh, MSI GTX960 4G graphics card 

RyanK

#4 Post by RyanK »

It sounds like you're using a RealityXP GPS. RealityXP overrides some of the default X-Plane GPS datarefs to essentially trick it into following its own guidance. There's a checkbox in the RXP settings, something like "Update Simulator GPS Waypoints", that's supposed to solve the issue you're seeing. In my experience it works inconsistently, though.

northsim

#5 Post by northsim »

OK thanks, will try that.
Have a great weekend

northsim

#6 Post by northsim »

Hallo Again,

A little update since last post, I didn't manage to fix the issue of the missing waypoint information but I can live with that. What is a bigger problem though is the fact that the bairing pointers don't point the right direction. Selecting GPS1 or GPS2, the arrow points in another direction then the waypoint selected. Is there a way to get this fixed ?

Thanks and greetings,

Marnix

northsim

#7 Post by northsim »

Ralph wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 6:41 am Change the Lua script. If you can find any waypoint information in the datarefs or variables...
I would love to but I have no programming skills ...

Ralph

#8 Post by Ralph »

There is no waypoint information by default, so it is certainly not something we are going to support.