EFIS 84 help

Questions about deployment and use of Air Manager Instruments

Moderators: russ, Ralph

leversole

EFIS 84 help

#1 Post by leversole »

I am looking for a little guidance with the king air efis 84 (or 85). I have done a few simple things in Air manager scripting, but still a newbie. Looking for some direction...I am looking to make the instrument function more like the xPlane version.

The vertical course deviation only appears with an ILS approach, it does not appear for any of the gps approaches, and now I have the GNS750 with visual approaches. The xPlane EFIS show the course deviation for all. How can I add this to the AM gauge?

Thanks
Leslie

Sling

Re: EFIS 84 help

#2 Post by Sling »

You can probably just not show the GS elements whenever the HSI source dataref is set to GPS. This does seem wrong though. Where would the vertical deviation information be communicated to the pilot when flying say an LPV approach.

leversole

#3 Post by leversole »

The code is pretty simple...
image.png
what is happening is that when the xPlane shows gps vnav pointer, it moves in xPlane but the subscribed dataref does not change, which is why the AM gauge does not move.
image.png
How can I find out what is driving the xPlane EADI so I can subscribe to the correct value?

Thanks
Attachments
image.png

Ralph

#4 Post by Ralph »

I think this is just a matter of the correct settings in the RealityXP settings menu.

Sling

#5 Post by Sling »

That code has got brackets missing and also it’s not that useful without the rest of the code. I need to see the subscribes.

leversole

#6 Post by leversole »

Used the wonderful dataref tool and found the one I need...

"sim/cockpit2/radios/indicators/hsi_vdef_dots_pilot"